Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Broner Jabs Golden Boy, Claims Favoritism For Mexican Fighters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make America Great Again.

Comment

he probably thinks maidana is mexican

Comment

Originally posted by jvsnypes View Post
        I've always felt that way about GB. I have no problem with that. But if there is going to be longevity in boxing, and to take it back to its glory days, it will be wise for a promotional company to start promoting African Americans. There have been legends from every race in boxing, but the god like fighters have always been icons like Ali, Tyson, Louis, Leonard, and Jones Jr. I can't blame it on the promoters though. I blame the trainers and this generation of black fighters. With the exception of guys like Mayweather and Ward, you just don't see that high IQ and skill level in the sport anymore. And there is a serious lack of personality. Broner was in a serious position to take the sport over with his over the top personality, but his lack of commitment has made him fall short. And as much as I love boxing and all the different styles associated with it, there is no long competitive career for guys with that Mexican style of fighting. So these major promotional companies will make money short term in their focus on Mexicans. But for longevity, they will have to find the guy who masters the science of hit and not get hit. I think fighters like Bradley, Crawford, Rigo, and Ward should get a much harder push. Because the reality is, these Mexican fighters in the last decade have been used simply to be the B side for guys like Mayweather and Pacquiao. The promoters know the fans will buy the ppv, but they also know what the outcome would be. Its been successful so far, but with Floyd in retirement and Manny headed in the same direction, the sport could be in serious jeopardy. I think the heavyweight division is about to reemerge on the scene. And up until the Klitchkos, that division has always been dominated by black fighters.
        They were just the only ones boxing back then.

It was banned in Russia, Ukraine, Cuba, etc under communism so that disqualifies half the world. Asian, South American, etc fighters are relatively new arrivals and mostly in smaller divisions.

It was just black Americans vs white Americans and barely any white Americans were still boxing by the '60s.

Comment

Broner was in a serious position to take the sport over with his over the top personality

Comment

"i just beat the fu ck out of a mexican"

Comment

I have no idea how anyone can hate Broner LOL. He speaks his mind and is downright crazy. He is also entertaining in the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivore View Post
                They were just the only ones boxing back then.

It was banned in Russia, Ukraine, Cuba, etc under communism so that disqualifies half the world. Asian, South American, etc fighters are relatively new arrivals and mostly in smaller divisions.

It was just black Americans vs white Americans and barely any white Americans were still boxing by the '60s.
                Hmmmmmm.......

Comment

#1.) Oscar De La Hoya's about his money. That's why the Golden Boy paid judges robbed Mexican Mauricio Herrera vs Rican Danny Garcia.

#2) When Broner came to San Antonio, he dissed the Mexicans that came to see him fight Maidana. He stared at them disdainfully as he ignored their requests for pics and autographs at the press conference. That's why his dumb ass got rocked with water bottles after Maidana whupped his ass.

#3) Mexicans are much easier to promote because of their fan friendly and exciting styles. It's always about money. If Broner was really "about billion$" he'd know that.

Comment

I've always felt that way about GB. I have no problem with that. But if there is going to be longevity in boxing, and to take it back to its glory days, it will be wise for a promotional company to start promoting African Americans. There have been legends from every race in boxing, but the god like fighters have always been icons like Ali, Tyson, Louis, Leonard, and Jones Jr. I can't blame it on the promoters though. I blame the trainers and this generation of black fighters. With the exception of guys like Mayweather and Ward, you just don't see that high IQ and skill level in the sport anymore. And there is a serious lack of personality. Broner was in a serious position to take the sport over with his over the top personality, but his lack of commitment has made him fall short. And as much as I love boxing and all the different styles associated with it, there is no long competitive career for guys with that Mexican style of fighting. So these major promotional companies will make money short term in their focus on Mexicans. But for longevity, they will have to find the guy who masters the science of hit and not get hit. I think fighters like Bradley, Crawford, Rigo, and Ward should get a much harder push. Because the reality is, these Mexican fighters in the last decade have been used simply to be the B side for guys like Mayweather and Pacquiao. The promoters know the fans will buy the ppv, but they also know what the outcome would be. Its been successful so far, but with Floyd in retirement and Manny headed in the same direction, the sport could be in serious jeopardy. I think the heavyweight division is about to reemerge on the scene. And up until the Klitchkos, that division has always been dominated by black fighters.
                    lol this crap again.
                    Haymon's entire business venture is the black boxing company, and what do you know... There is no one good there. They are being promoted and pushed. They just suck.
                    Broner's just butthurt hes a hypejob(like so many of Haymon's fighters) and lost to Quintero and Ponce de Leon.

You want to continue to live in this fantasy, go get a time machine.
                    Boxing is no longer a national sport, thats why all the fighters before were White and African American.
                    Now that the sport is international, you're learning the hard way by getting the carpet yanked from under you and getting your fantasies shattered.

lol So mexicans can't box now?
                    I wouldn't call guys like Porter and Spence anything other than dumb face-first brawlers. Mikey Garcia was a better boxer than anyone currently in Haymon's stable. The racist is Haymon who got the entirity of the 2012 olympians except the two mexicans and I sincerely doubt thats because he thought guys like Jamal Herring were better.
                    Last edited by glenn mcrory; 03-31-2016, 01:34 AM.

Comment

there is no long competitive career for guys with that Mexican style of fighting. So these major promotional companies will make money short term in their focus on Mexicans. But for longevity, they will have to find the guy who masters the science of hit and not get hit. I think fighters like Bradley, Crawford, Rigo, and Ward should get a much harder push.
                      That's silly. There's no shortage of Mexican fighters to put on exciting fights. The sport doesn't need any fighters to have long term careers to survive. Pernell Whitaker had a long term career but couldn't sell seats like Chavez and Oscar because of his boring style. And there aren't too many fighters ever with higher a "boxing iq" than Sweet pea.

Comment

Working...
                      X