No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Deontay Wilder-Alexander Povetkin Talks Going Well, So Far

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
    I can guarantee one thing. If Wilder were to win this bout he would get no credit, even though he is rightfully the underdog in this bout.
    He'll get credit from me for taking the fight. We'll have to see how he performs though

Comment

Funny someone said Povetkin was no big deal. They must have a few gold medals laying around. Povetkin isn't an ATG, but he has beaten better comp. than Wilder.
      He looked real good lately, only loss was to Wlad (who hadn't lost for years).

Wilder would have a huge step up in competition, time to see if he sinks or swims. Can't wait to see, if this is a Jeff Lacy/Joe C. or Broner/ Maidana fight. A victory for Wilder would legitimize the belt, if the fight is good, rematch.

Now that Wlad is about done, the division has a chance to come back. As long as the top fighters fight, if not it could be the 80's (where everyone was champ for a month until Tyson).

Comment

Originally posted by -Scott-Weiland- View Post
        I didn't mean it in the literal sense, I'm talking about NSB fücktards.
        Ah, I see.

Well there honestly doesn't seem to be that many Wilder fans around here who would overhype him to that extent. Most seem pretty realistic about the flaws he has shown so far.

Admittedly there are some Klitschko fans on NSB who consider Wlad to be the best heavyweight ever...had Deontay beat him then I guess they would have had no choice but to transfer the title over to Wilder. But I'm in agreement with you that those guys are fücktards.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
          Ah, I see.

Well there honestly doesn't seem to be that many Wilder fans around here who would overhype him to that extent. Most seem pretty realistic about the flaws he has shown so far.

Admittedly there are some Klitschko fans on NSB who consider Wlad to be the best heavyweight ever...had Deontay beat him then I guess they would have had no choice but to transfer the title over to Wilder. But I'm in agreement with you that those guys are fücktards.
          I like Wilder, their are no excesses in his life, he has achieved all this through dedication and hard work, I mean look at some of these others Broner for instance, mugging infirm old ladies for ten bucks etc, I can't relate to someone like that.

Wilder has a family and clearly cherishes them, I wish him every success.

I'm not even sure who my favourite heavyweight is after Wlad in honesty for years it was always Vitali who I prepared watching I guess Wlad just filled that void somewhat, I like the Parker guy he seems not to be overrated or exaggerated like the Brits, Povetkin I'm not really a fan or supporter of, I guess I always like Pulev and I guess he can still make an impact at the weight with the likes of Fury, Glazkov and Wilder holding the belts, that Glazkov dude is awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Joey_Torreo View Post
            He'll get credit from me for taking the fight. We'll have to see how he performs though
            Lets just hope it's not a hugging match and we actually get to see some skills from the one who prevails. I still would pic Wilder on this one though just to see him fight Fury next.

Comment

Originally posted by tiliheels View Post
              wilder should be on p4p liste during or after this year if he keeps winning..i should get no dispute from this post..
              his resume is shaping up pretty nicely..i'd like to see him fight 4 times this year
              i'll likely only get 3, but wat i said i still hold in high value..no matter of his skill his resume should put him as a p4p ranker if he wins out.
              Now this post right here is really sad, it explains everything. There's an old saying that goes, you can't fix stupid. The talks are just fog and mirrors, the fight won't be made, enter another no name tomato can In April or May, Wilder retires 50-0 never fighting a mandatory and never having any belt but the WBC.

Comment

Originally posted by vitali1999 View Post
                Now this post right here is really sad, it explains everything. There's an old saying that goes, you can't fix stupid. The talks are just fog and mirrors, the fight won't be made, enter another no name tomato can In April or May, Wilder retires 50-0 never fighting a mandatory and never having any belt but the WBC.
                the only way it doesnt happen is if povetkin ask for another fight within that time frame..he holds the cards along witht he WBC..wilder has to comply to keep his belt..u should learn how boxing works

Comment

Nice avatar, don't forget a quote for your sig from his lengthily stockpile.
                  The only quote by Lemmy that should be used is "We are Motorhead & We play Rock & Roll"

Comment

The fight is going to happen. I don't understand the posters here that say it won't happen or Wilder is ducking him. I wonder if you are just casual fans & don't understand how the business works. Nobody is in this sport for the love of it. It's all about money & Wilder would be the dumbest guy on the planet not to fight Povetkin with the payday & fights that could follow.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
                      I can guarantee one thing. If Wilder were to win this bout he would get no credit
                      There's some idiots that never give any boxer credit for anything. Those fans opinions don't matter & shouldn't be considered. If Wilder beats Povetkin thats a huge win over a top 3, top 5 HW & is worthy by of praise even if you are a mouth breather.

H has already begun Internet ppv's, this would be a good broadcast in the States also potentially on one of HBO and Sho possibly ?
                      What PPV shows have World of Boxing done? Becoming a fan of Ryabinsky. I was of the opinion he was just the "crazy guy who spent too much on the Klitschko vs Povetkin fight" for a long time, but reading more interviews with him he's of a much more reasonable nature & I'd love for this Wilder vs Povetkin fight be the first of many shows with PBC & World of Boxing fighters.

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
                      The fight is going to happen. I don't understand the posters here that say it won't happen or Wilder is ducking him. I wonder if you are just casual fans & don't understand how the business works. Nobody is in this sport for the love of it. It's all about money & Wilder would be the dumbest guy on the planet not to fight Povetkin with the payday & fights that could follow.
                      LOL right. Sometimes its just this simple. And **** man I think there are hardcore fans that got no clue how the business of boxing works.

Comment

Working...
                      X