Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who else believes Canelo is going back to HBO?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gotta love bernard for straight shooting a load straight in jim gray's face on that one.

Comment

I don't believe they were unfair to Canelo because they think he is going to HBO. Seriously, think about it - you think the bosses at Showtime would actually send a remit down to the team to crap on Saul? Particularly to someone with a big mouth like Paulie?

Saying that, I do think they were off last night. I gave Lara the first 3 rounds but he wasn't dominating like they said he was. They also missed a lot of Canelo's good body work at the start. In fact, it's probably Showtime's commentary that has people convinced Lara was robbed.

Paulie also was riding with Lara because he's more in tune with Lara's style than Canelo's. Paulie always tried to convince us that his own style was scientific, cerebral and smart (it really wasn't) so he's obviously gonna side with the guy with good legs, jab and hand speed.

I actually love Showtime's commentary team, I think they are significantly better than HBO's but they did not have a good night last night.

Comment

Where they bias really? Or was is that Canelo struggled badly to land clean most of the fight besides the Body Shots which they did give him credit for.

Tough fight to score tough fight to call for them I am sure.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
          The Showtime commentary was pretty bias toward Lara and Mares both Haymon guys, and Canelo has no contract with Showtime.

I used to like Showtime because the commentators remained neutral now they played the bias game.

Just like Jim Grey he used to make bold claims and not sugar coat, than when Floyd came to Showtime he has been kissing Floyds butt, even had Floyd hugging him before the fight in the ring like Grey was part of the TMT camp wtf?

I never seen Larry Merchant or Max Kellerman hug another fighter right before they entered a fight in the ring.

Showtime has lost their credibility big time.

Canelo has a 3 fight contract with Showtime genius, do your research before posting

Comment

Showtime will do everything in their power to keep Canelo. That's why the Mexican superstar is in a very good position in the bargaining table. It's all about which network can offer better money.

I think Kirkland will be his next fight. I don't see any problem making that fight under the SHO banner.

Comment

Originally posted by thiefery View Post
              I think Hopkins is going back first. Didn't it seem strange that he brought up Kovalev name along with Stevenson? Then Jim kept saying Adonis and Bernard went back to Kovalev and mentioned Atlantic City.
              Yeah, Hopkins was giving it off already, I think he will get way more money fighting Kovalev than Adonis. HBO has the money to give.

Comment

Originally posted by Master Splinter View Post
                gotta love bernard for straight shooting a load straight in jim gray's face on that one.
                The best is when Jim Grey tried to get Tyson to admit Floyd Mayweather was the best ever, and Tyson said that Chavez Sr was like 89 and 0 before he lost and was basically saying Floyd wasnt the greatest and had a long way to go. This was during the Floyd Maidana ppv.

Jim Grey is really playing the role of company man well, and this only started when Haymon came over to Showtime. Before he would ask tough questions now he is coddling the haymon guys.

Comment

Originally posted by mexicali90 View Post
                  Canelo has a 3 fight contract with Showtime genius, do your research before posting
                  Hey thats good to know, never knew that before.

So I guess he pretty much has to fight Floyd next or rematch lara?

Comment

Originally posted by thiefery View Post
                    I think Hopkins is going back first. Didn't it seem strange that he brought up Kovalev name along with Stevenson? Then Jim kept saying Adonis and Bernard went back to Kovalev and mentioned Atlantic City.
                    Yeah it struck me kind off odd that the pressed Stevenson but he always brought up kovalev. It's like they keep trying to force Stevenson on there but he made an effort to place kovalev before Stevenson

Comment

I believe Oscar already stated the next options are: Cotto, GGG, Kirkland... They're all from HBO.

Comment

Working...
                      X