Collapse
No announcement yet.

Super Six:Heavyweights , whos yours ? no Klitchkos

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I think its a great idea. Of course the Super 6 had some format flaws, but they can be ironed out. We gotta lend the Super 6 our support because the basic principle behind it is what will keep boxing fresh, making close competitive fights. Anyway here are my picks.....

Alexander Povetkin - Holds the WBA regular belt, so brings a bit of a prize to the tournament to fight it out for.

Tomasz Adamek - Will provide any of the other fighters in the tournament a tough night.

Tyson Fury - It's time to move him on in my opinion, higher profile fights could bring out the best in him.

Robert Helenius - Needs to get back on track after his unconvincing win against Chisora. Brings KO power.

Chris Arreola - A chance to get some good wins under his belt with his new found dedication to the sport.

Bermane Stiverne - My obscure choice, other fighters may underestimate his power. Needs more competitive fights too.

And my two reserve choices......

Ruslan Chagaev - Solid pro at this level.

David Haye/Dereck Chisora - Whoever gets their licence back first!

Comment

Originally posted by weltercelt View Post
      all the folk mentioning Chisora , u mad ??

he has disgraced boxing , he should be nowhere near a world title shot again , i hope he enjoys fighting in Germany / Russia for the next 2 years as he wont get a brit license
      What like boxing is a lovely clean sport? GTFOH.

A little slap and some water spray and although he shouldn't fronted with Haye it was Haye he started the brawl. It's frauds like Haye that really disgrace boxing. People like Hopkins faking injury, dodgy scorecards and promoters that disgrace the sport.

I hope he's back in a British ring sooner rather than later.

Comment

1) Mike Perez

2) Tyson Fury

3) Kevin Johnson

4) Alexander Povetkin

5) Denotay Wilder

6) Seth mitchell

Comment

'' im gonna shoot David Haye !! shoot him !! ''

very charming stuff from the proven woman hitter , he should rot out the rest of his career in Germany , he'll still get decent money and be able to live on it.

Comment

Adamek
            Povetkin
            Chisora
            Pulev
            Jennings
            Haye if available if not Dimitrenko

Comment

they should have an over 40 super six as well...holyfield, mccall, toney, barrett, botha, boswell...stand by harrison, mccline, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by NoodleLegs View Post
                I agree, great concept and I personally think it is just what the heavyweight division needs. The winner should not only end with a title, but should also be guaranteed a unification fight with Wlad. The only criticism of the super-six that I have is that it was perhaps a little drawn out. If it could be scheduled a little better it may get a little more mainstream attention.

I like this list except for Holyfield. Big fan of his in the past put I think he is ready to be put out to pasture, particularly when in the company of these boys.
                My List would go something along the lines of:

Champion:
                Alexander Povetkin - There needs to be a champion in there, so someone can stand tall and proud when its all said and done.

Contenders:
                Tomasz Adamek - This guy is game. He will come to fight and make it entertaining against anyone against this side of a Klitschko
                Tyson Fury - Exciting prospect who could really shine in something like this. Perhaps a little bit early for him though.
                Robert Helenius - Hard puncher, would be entertaining against any of these guys.
                Dereck Chisora - While his antics surrounding the Klitchko fight were not good for the sport, I think he was trying to bring back a bit of 'Tyson' type controversy and attention to the heavy weight division. The guy is genuinely passionate about the sport, and can bang alright too, so he gets my vote.
                Chirs Arreola - There is something about this guy I like. He seems to have a new dedication to the sport, isn't a bad thrower and always comes to fight. Deserves the spot for his comment about Don King alone!

On Standby:
                Both these guys are more then deserving of a place on the bench, but could easily replace any of the contenders in my list.
                Alexander Dimitrienko
                Kubrat Pulev
                No David Haye?

Comment

Povetkin
                  Haye
                  Boytsov
                  Pulev
                  Fury
                  Helenius

Comment

Povetkin