How EXACTLY was David Diaz a tune-up for Pacman

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Al Haymon View Post
    ...like David Diaz is.
    that was his 1st fight there.. and then the offer to fight Oscar came.. Floyd's been fighting WW for his last 6-7 fights and look who he's been fighting.

Comment

Originally posted by johncods View Post
      Yup bums with no fans:
      ...Unlike such arena-fillers such as Solis, Larios and Diaz.

Comment

...Unlike such arena-fillers such as Solis, Larios and Diaz.
        LOL so pac cant have tuneups?? pac fought barrera, morales, marquez back to back to back.. pac aint scared of a quitter and a runner. nah.

Comment

that was his 1st fight there.. and then the offer to fight Oscar came.. Floyd's been fighting WW for his last 6-7 fights and look who he's been fighting.
          Interesting that you would compare Floyd's sub-par competition to Pac's superior competition.

Floyd: Delahoya, Hatton, Marquez, Baldomir

Manny: Delahoya, hatton, Marquez, Diaz

Yes, sir. I see your point. Thank you for your perspective.

Comment

I take it some will assume Guzman, Campbell, and Bradley were too slick as boxers for Manny?

Against Oscar, Manny was chasing the paper. Oscar was trying to prove he still had it as a fighter by challenging an up and coming star at a lower weight.

Comment

Interesting that you would compare Floyd's sub-par competition to Pac's superior competition.

pac fought hatton at his best weight so did marquez. floyd fighting JWW's and LW's in WW why dont he fight some top WW??

Comment

LOL so pac cant have tuneups?? pac fought barrera, morales, marquez back to back to back.. pac aint scared of a quitter and a runner. nah.
                Actually, it was Larios => shot Morales =>Solis => shot Barrera.

I respect the names of Morales and Barrera. But by Morales' third, and Barrera's 2nd fight with Pac, they were quite done.

Thank you.

Comment

pac fought hatton at his best weight so did marquez. floyd fighting JWW's and LW's in WW why dont he fight some top WW??
                  Interesting how the "best weight" discussion is invoked for Hatton, but conveniently omitted for Oscar.

With all due respect, sir, I would say that Hatton @ 147 >> Oscar @ 147 (or whatever DLH was that night). No offense.

Comment

DLH Floyd faught at 154 but even at 147 it was a bigger jump and bigger risk fight for Pac...its too bad DLH screwed up his dieting.

Hatton - PBF (bigger man in this matchup) fought @ WW, a weight Hatton struggled with against Collazo. Pac was the smaller man.

Marquez - you gotta be ****ing joking. Pac fought JMM @ 130, pbf made him move to 144 and still didn't make weight.

Boldormir/Diaz - both tune-up paper champs. Only problem is after beating Bold, PBF has yet to challenge himself at WW while pac is fighting a top 3 WW, something PBF has yet to do dispite being a WW for 5 years.

Comment

king flawless and goblin are two of the dumbess haters i have ever seen in my life. I am a hater but im not as dumb as these two- its very upsetting because they will never get a credit for writing BS comments.If you want to convince at least try a bit harder cuz i dont think nobody is buying this crap.

-Believe me or not prior to De la hoya (weigh drained or not) it was actually more riskier going 2 more division after weighin in at 135 diaz and 130 with marquez w/in the same year. 140 wtf nate campbell? LOL that idiot who tried to showboat and got ktfo. What did he do really? He just lost to lorenzo, casamayor, peden at that time. O.o

Comment

Working...
                      X