Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Cotto would've kept his composure and kept doing what he was doing in the first

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cuauhtemoc1496 View Post
    Wrong, wrong, wrong.....

An overconfident fighter comes forward without regard. Cotto had his hands up,was throwing the jab and doing well until Manny got inot rhythm and his speed overwhelmed Cotto.
    Actually no, you're wrong. The first round Cotto wasn't overconfident, and the second round Manny did what he was supposed to. But the third round Cotto had it under control again, but that knockdown threw the round off, it was a legit knockdown, but it was Clottey like in the sense that Cotto was off balance. The second knockdown is where the overconfidence showed, watch Pullcounters sig avatar. Cotto did exactly what you just said, he came forward without regard and look what happened. Cotto shouldn't have come forward like that against Manny especially when he was off the ropes, he landed a SOLID right hand, Manny got away from the ropes and Cotto chased him, and he got caught. He was overconfident, it didn't show up till the 3rd or 4th, but if he fought with composure, kept his jab going, and kept it in the middle of the ring without chasing Manny I'm sure he could have won.

Comment

there was absolutely nothing cotto could do to win that fight...one cotto hit manny in the body with one of the best shots of the night and manny looked at him and asked for more...i knew it was over long ago...

Comment

Originally posted by goldenglove2 View Post
        Migeul took a BEATING in the second round, man..lol
        There are some blind stupid no sense idiots in here , Pac gets hit very easily , his advantage is very obvious speed , but he throws so god damn much he leaves himself wide ****ing open when throwing , and when not trowing , his defense was cracked. I am saying Miguel has the tools to beat him , whether u like it or not , I know for a fact he hast the tools to beat Manny , I think Manny overwhelmed a lot of fans with his speed , but he doesnt blind me with his flaws , they are obvious , Let him do that against Clottey , lol , he wont , why , cuz Clottey isnt stupid enough to give a faster puncher , much busier fighter any canvas to paint his shots in. But u ppl are too stupid to see that ****. That fight was a one sided beat down from Manny Pacquiao , but it was Miguels fault. He should have known not to trade and not to start a 4 combination attack with hooks leaving himself wide open. Im not saying Cotto would beat him convincingly , or even beat him , but he has the tools to break Manny down and hurt him in the long run. Just Imagine 4 more rounds of Mannys head being snapped back , whole different story. And it could have been done. With a tight defense , and a jab as the factor. Im not expecting any of u dumb idiots to see that , after all this forum is full of dumbasses , and thats that , Im tired of this topic , You all dont want to see it , then dont. Speed is neutralized and conquered with tight defense and smart countering. And Cotto could have done it for more than 1 round.

Go ahead and argue among urself idiots. Some posters were able to see where Cotto failed , and where he could have been more effectively , and made the fight an interesting fight and not just a brawl.
        Last edited by zalez787; 11-18-2009, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by zalez787 View Post
          There are some blind stupid no sense idiots in here , Pac gets hit very easily , his advantage is very obvious speed , but he throws so god damn much he leaves himself wide ****ing open when throwing , and when not trowing , his defense was cracked. I am saying Miguel has the tools to beat him , whether u like it or not , I know for a fact he hast the tools to beat Manny , I think Manny overwhelmed a lot of fans with his speed , but he doesnt blind me with his flaws , they are obvious , Let him do that against Clottey , lol , he wont , why , cuz Clottey isnt stupid enough to give a faster puncher , much busier fighter any canvas to paint his shots in. But u ppl are too stupid to see that ****. That fight was a one sided beat down from Manny Pacquiao , but it was Miguels fault. He should have known not to trade and not to start a 4 combination attack with hooks leaving himself wide open. Im not saying Cotto would beat him convincingly , or even beat him , but he has the tools to break Manny down and hurt him in the long run. Just Imagine 4 more rounds of Mannys head being snapped back , whole different story. And it could have been done. With a tight defense , and a jab as the factor. Im not expecting any of u dumb idiots to see that , after all this forum is full of dumbasses , and thats that , Im tired of this topic , You all dont want to see it , then dont. Speed is neutralized and conquered with tight defense and smart countering. And Cotto could have done it for more than 1 round.
          Could of Would of Should of don't win fights. Manny also has the tools to beat Cotto. Oh wait we saw that already.

Comment

cottos stamina is a 4 and Pac's is a 10. Cottos Jab will only be affective for about 2 to 3 rounds, after that his jab and all his punches loose there pop. Pac walked through his hooks to the body. Its a nice dream that cooto could snap back mannys head for 8 rounds straight, but once manny starts bouncing on his toes, he will slip that ever slowing jab and land hooks to miguels chin and turn that face into a tomato can again. Cotto gets hit by everyone dude.

Comment

If Cotto would have kept it a slow tempo fight Manny would have been landing shots at his forearms and getting countered , just like he did against JMM. Cotto error was trying to exchange with a much faster puncher who trows a lot of punches , obviously something was bound to land. If Cotto would have kept his guard and jab a lot , Manny would be in the philipines thinking about firing freddy roach , and his concert would have been cancelled. He snapped Mannys head back with patience , and with jabs and with a plan. He would have done the same if he kept his composure. U just dont want to see it
              I'm not a pacnuthugger if you think i am, and i'm not taking anything away from Cotto either as I consider him the most dangerous fighter Pac's faced, even much more than floyd.

Even if he kept his composure, do you really believe Cotto can keep his pace until the end? Answer me truthfully.

I really don't see it he can, he will still eventually get KD'ed once he gets flatfooted at the latter rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by PAKYO View Post
                I'm not a pacnuthugger if you think i am, and i'm not taking anything away from Cotto either as I consider him the most dangerous fighter Pac's faced, even much more than floyd.

Even if he kept his composure, do you really believe Cotto can keep his pace until the end? Answer me truthfully.

I really don't see it he can, he will still eventually get KD'ed once he gets flatfooted at the latter rounds.

exactly, flatfooted and tired. Now Floyd on the other hand will do what you guys wish Cotto could. Keep a tight tight defence and pop out one punch at a time. A jab and a straight right. Oh and Floyd is much quicker than Cotto and mucher better Defence, longer arms, and stamina for days. I think you cotto fans are confusing what you wish Cotto would do with what Floyd actually does.

Comment

Originally posted by PAKYO View Post

Wtf are u talking about. Cotto snapped Mannys head back in more than 1 round. With a Clottey defense , Pac would have been Frustrated and countered horribly , not to mention that Cottos jab entered his defense pretty well. Cotto keeping his pace?? of course?? Cotto keeping mannys pace??? of course not , but thats exactly where Cottos chance lies , In not Falling into mannys fight , and not fight at Mannys pace. Are u that dumb. Seriously this is comon sense , have u ever trained. I think u are underestimating defense as a factor to win fights , To beat Manny u need to NOT fall into his pace and busy action packed fight.

Comment

Originally posted by KiloTeague View Post
                    exactly, flatfooted and tired. Now Floyd on the other hand will do what you guys wish Cotto could. Keep a tight tight defence and pop out one punch at a time. A jab and a straight right. Oh and Floyd is much quicker than Cotto and mucher better Defence, longer arms, and stamina for days. I think you cotto fans are confusing what you wish Cotto would do with what Floyd actually does.
                    Even tho u are an idiot and u believe Cotto cant do that. You actually see how Cotto failed by not doing. If Cotto can brawl for 12 with mosley , Judah , Clottey , and make it . He could box a la Mayweather any day. Please man , reconsider what u said.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
                      He started the first round really well, when he outboxing Pacquiao, snapping his head back with that jab.

His problem came when he took a crude approach and tried muscling him out of the fight. In doing that he left himself open when Pacquioa kinda pulled away. Unfortunately he got knocked down which made him want to establish himself more, then he got knocked down and hurt.

The second knock down ended the fight. It's not in the least bit shameful in my eyes, if you've been in a fight before you will realise how one punch can make your night very long. It can kill your momentum.

Call me foolish but if Cotto were to have a rematch with Pacquiao I think it would be more competitive than the fight that just passed.

I agree. Cotto did excellent work in the 1st working well behind the jab. Later in the fight he tried too hard to brawl with Pacquiao and impose his size in the fight, and that got him screwed. He didnt stick to his gameplan and that got him killed. I cant say for a fact that Cotto could have won the fight be sticking to his gameplan, but it could have saved him a lot of punishment.

Comment

Working...
                      X