No announcement yet.

Adrien Broner really sounds like complete jerk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post
    you should add me to your ignore list btw cause now that I know how my posts get under your skin I'm gonna keep having some more fun with you. sensitive ass dude.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
    lol, i dont do ignore lists. im not a lil *****. u wanna put me on one, go ahead. and ur posts dont get under my skin, thats not it. u try too hard. and i like to pick on tryhards.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
      wouldn't the equivalent of broner talking about mexicans be a mexican fighter talking about Americans? Black, to my knowledge, isn't a nationality. And mexican, if I am right, isn't a race.
      Which ever way you like it: This Sounds much better right?

""He calls JMM "just ok" and then says "He's a good Mexican"

Imagine if a white/hispanic/filipino would have said "He's just another African-American""

lol,

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
        That's an interesting point you both make about Floyd. I do wonder if he could have gone the SRL/Oscar route and scooped all that additional money that comes with it.

I have to be honest, I don't like Oscar's persona very much. I find him to be relentlessly cheesy and pretty dull, I actually find Floyd's persona preferable. Leonard is definitely a more interesting guy in my opinion.

The point is though that despite Floyd's 'flat' personality and general lack of charisma when he speaks, he wouldn't have had to try very hard to emulate what Oscar did. Oscar's not quick witted either, nor is he an especially interesting or funny guy to listen to.

But nevertheless he built a huge media profile for himself that has enabled him to continue making obscene amounts of money. Floyd doesn't have that same profile, and the question is could he ever have had it? Could he ever have played that role, or would he have found it too difficult to contain whatever darkness it is that seems to be in him.
        Now this is how you converse like an adult. Great post and I agree that we will never know but I think it's fair to say Floyd never really helped his cause.

I'm not saying he had to BE Oscar but the route he took of the supposed "bad guy" was something that didn't fit him well IMO. People regardless of race gravitate towards athletes that are charismatic and of course talented.

You are right, Oscar isn't Ali in his persona, but he made all the right decisions in the image he kept. He garnered many fans and became the face of boxing like nobody else in the mid to late 90's.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post
          Flash news buddy, 2 non English speaking fighters just did 500k on their first PPV with a ****ty undercard. I see JMM just doing fine and Matthysse is a product of being treated like **** by GBP and judges. The language has nothing to do with it.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Do you know what mainstream or what being a crossover star even means?

Selling 500k for a PPV does not make you a crossover star. Jesus Christ man.

Comment

• it's interesting to note that even Floyd appears to be somewhat weary of the mask he dons.

in a candid interview last year, he spoke of wanting to do more serious, contemplative spots on 24/7, complaining that producers had scrapped footage of that nature and had asked for more of the "Money May" persona.

Comment

• Yeah i feel a little better. Cant stand this wanker outside the ring.

He's good, but not as good as he thinks. Plus outside the ring, just a complete toolbag. Only his team laugh at his "jokes"

I hope gavin derails this hype train. Only a matter of time until someone does officially.

Comment

• Originally posted by ElMeroChingon View Post

Imagine if a white/hispanic/filipino would have said "He's just another African-American""

lol,
                I doubt it would even register. the notion that comments about adrien broner would register anywhere in the world makes little sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by ElMeroChingon View Post

lol,
                  True. Imagine if Pacquiao had called Mayweather a 'black chump', and made jokes about him eating fried chicken and watermelon. Imagine if he'd referred to a random black guy as 'Mayweather' on 24/7, because all black dudes look the same don't they?

Yeah, I imagine that might have generated some cries of racism alright.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                    I doubt it would even register. the notion that comments about adrien broner would register anywhere in the world makes little sense.
                    LOL, ok then this conversation is over brah.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                      True. Imagine if Pacquiao had called Mayweather a 'black chump', and made jokes about him eating fried chicken and watermelon. Imagine if he'd referred to a random black guy as 'Mayweather' on 24/7, because all black dudes look the same don't they?

Yeah, I imagine that might have generated some cries of racism alright.
                      but thats manny and floyd-the two biggest names in boxing. adrien broner isn't known enough to cause that reaction. is he?

Comment

Working...
                      X