Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sprott Will Receive Three Month Suspension For Ref Attack

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sprott Will Receive Three Month Suspension For Ref Attack

According to the Austrian Boxing Union, British heavyweight Michael Sprott (36-19, 17KOs) will receive a three month suspension for shoving Austrian referee Gerhard Sigl. Sprott was involved in a tough fight with growing heavyweight prospect Edmund Gerber (21-0). Sprott was boxing very well until he was hurt in the fourth round. The referee was a little too quick with stopping the fight and Sprott erupted. He shoved the referee, who bounced off the ropes and fell to the canvas. Several ringside observers rushed the ring to prevent the incident from escalating further. Sprott issued an apology afterwards.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Sprott had a right to be angry, but not to lay hands. Three months is a bit easy if you ask me, but I admit it just proves that many folks sypathized with his anger.

Comment

This is old news.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...526076&page=13

It was actually a good stoppage because Sprott was badly hurt and staggering. He used the ropes to hold himself up.

I've seen a lot of early stoppages, but this wasn't one of them.

Comment

Call a ref a gambler--12 month suspension
        Attack a ref -- 3 month suspension

Where there is smoke...

And I realize that these are two uncorrelated incidents, they just strike me as odd

Comment

He only pushed the ref, it's not like he threw punches. If only he would have sparked that ref...

Comment

I hope (in vain, I'm sure) that Sigl gets suspended for at least as long. He straight up stole from Sprott, with enough value at stake to be a felony. There was no excuse for that stoppage.

Comment

Working...
            X