No announcement yet.

What will be final ppv buys for pacquiao vs margarito from 1.15 mil buys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What will be final ppv buys for pacquiao vs margarito from 1.15 mil buys

According to this espn article the number released was just the initial figure. If it is at 1.15 and goes up to 1.17 then that would give boxing the two biggest ppvs of the year.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=5842507

Usually 5 to 10% more, so like 1.2+ish

Comment

manny is boxings new cash cow !!!! all roads lead to the asian 2 pac

Comment

Originally posted by treason1 View Post
        manny is boxings new cash cow !!!! all roads lead to the asian 2 pac
        dont think so.

Comment

They waited a second week to allow more roll-ins. The numbers are pretty much all in. There will be no additional 10%.

That "will go up" story came from Arum...notice HBO didn't say anything like that.

Comment

5 t 10 percent thats awesome, how long does it take for final number? Does anyone realize how big it is for boxing to have the two biggest ppv's of the year

Comment

Originally posted by Dandiez1 View Post
              According to this espn article the number released was just the initial figure. If it is at 1.15 and goes up to 1.17 then that would give boxing the two biggest ppvs of the year.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=5842507
              I think ESPN was just being kind. Top Rank waited more than a week to realease the final number so there likely wont be much added.

I have to believe the establishment is upset it didn't outsell floyd/mosley

Comment

dan rafeal on his chat today said there are still final figures to come in.

Comment

It could be less I don't know but generally every time I have seen the first numbers then the final numbers it is about a 5 to 10% increase.

I haven't really delved into it for all fights so I can't say for sure but that is just my observation from various numbers I have seen over the years.

It is possible that they can count them up quicker than even a couple years ago though, can't deny that.

Comment

Originally posted by Dandiez1 View Post
                    dan rafeal on his chat today said there are still final figures to come in.
                    the guy that said he would cut off his beard if may-marg broke a million....then didn't?

that guy?

Comment

Working...
                    X