Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else excited about Felix Verdejo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by apocalypto View Post
    Lol the next dulorme. You guys gota stop getting so exited for prospects who look good yet have fought no one. Plz dont start hyping him up like you guys did with dulorme. Best rican prospect ive seen is la bomba the flyweight i believe
    Dulorme is good, but now looks chinny which I didn't know about. If this guy has a decent chin, seems like a cant miss prospect.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
      Dulorme is good, but now looks chinny which I didn't know about. If this guy has a decent chin, seems like a cant miss prospect.
      Dulorme looked good beating bums fought a b level fighter and got knocked out. And now is making himself look like a dumbass by moving down. = hypejob

Comment

Dulorme looked good beating bums fought a b level fighter and got knocked out. And now is making himself look like a dumbass by moving down. = hypejob
        So what makes you think it'll happen to Verdejo, just cause he's PR? BTW his first pro opponent was really good, we should see that guy again.

Comment

So what makes you think it'll happen to Verdejo, just cause he's PR? BTW his first pro opponent was really good, we should see that guy again.
          Im saying people should get carried away like they did with dulorme. Geez his pro debut and the hype has started.

Comment

Im saying people should get carried away like they did with dulorme. Geez his pro debut and the hype has started.
            That's cause he looked awesome in the olympics, very young, and honestly PR is short on great prospects. Not sold on this Velez guy.

Comment

Same as others, very impressed in the Olympics. His pro debut wasn't that impressive, however his opponent was way more talented than expected. Great tools, should go far.
              I was surprised they put Felix in with a pretty decent fighter his first time out of the gate. The kid had no power, but he wasn't going anywhere. Verdejo outclassed him to a decision. His handlers must've taken note, 'cause for his second fight, they put Felix in with a real pushover, un muerto. The kid literally looked like they dragged him in off the street. He was wearing sneakers! lol Verdejo laid a beautiful double-hook, downstairs, then upstairs, on the boy, like he's no doubt practiced it in the gym. The kid folded like a cheap suit.

Way too early to tell where a kid like Felix is going, but he looks good so far. He's got time on his side; he's only 19.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                I was surprised they put Felix in with a pretty decent fighter his first time out of the gate. The kid had no power, but he wasn't going anywhere. Verdejo outclassed him to a decision. His handlers must've taken note, 'cause for his second fight, they put Felix in with a real pushover, un muerto. The kid literally looked like they dragged him in off the street. He was wearing sneakers! lol Verdejo laid a beautiful double-hook, downstairs, then upstairs, on the boy, like he's no doubt practiced it in the gym. The kid folded like a cheap suit.

Way too early to tell where a kid like Felix is going, but he looks good so far. He's got time on his side; he's only 19.
                Top Rank usually does a swell job of moving top PR prospects, and this guy looks more promising than most.

Comment

That's cause he looked awesome in the olympics, very young, and honestly PR is short on great prospects. Not sold on this Velez guy.
                  Just seen his pro debut. By the way people where talking about him in here i expected a beast. He is ok. Load ups on his shot and throws looping shots. Theres is another pr prospect ive seen who is better.

Comment

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
                    As the title says...he landed a beautiful two piece with the left and knocked out his opponent in 21 seconds. He had a good four rounder to start off his career.

He has speed, obvious skills, good technique and looks marketable. Needs to learn some english, but from a boxing perspective, is anyone else excited about this kid?
                    Yes. The kid got a bright future as long as he keeps his head on straight.

Comment

Just seen his pro debut. By the way people where talking about him in here i expected a beast. He is ok. Load ups on his shot and throws looping shots. Theres is another pr prospect ive seen who is better.
                      He struggled a little. You gotta admit the opponent was way better than most pro debuts. I'll check out La Bomba, he's way more advanced though. I really liked Velasquez, looks like he might be back. Nobody ever explained why he was out.

Comment

Working...
                      X