Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Adamek one of the best wins on Vitali's resume?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Adamek one of the best wins on Vitali's resume?

I asked this when Kevin Johnson lost a few weeks ago and most posters seemed to think he wasn't one of Vit's best wins.

So now it's Adamek's turn. (He didn't "lose" officially but we all saw what happened in the fight.)
    Yes, it's one of Vitali's signature wins
    62.50%
    No, Vitali has more impressive wins than that
    37.50%
    Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 12-22-2012, 10:23 PM.

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    I asked this when Kevin Johnson lost a few weeks ago so now it's Adamek's turn. (Officially he didn't "lose" but we all saw what happened in the fight.)
    He's either THE BEST win or the second. I think Adamek stood a solid chance to beat Sanders so I'd say best. Juan Carlos Gomez might be up there too but he was pretty far past it. Herbie Hide is in the running too.

Comment

I would say his wins over Peter, Kirk Johnson & Sanders were better. I think Hide is as good and maybe Solis if he bounces back well.

Comment

You don't think Corrie Sanders was better than Adamek, Cliff?
        Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 12-22-2012, 10:30 PM.

Comment

Easily his best, Sanders was already done as a fighter even after his win over Wlad, it's just that Wlad was so chinny Sanders had an easy time. Before his fight with Vitali he'd even retired to become a pro golfer, he was also like 38 years old.

Peter was never good, he had power but that was it. He got schooled badly after the Wlad fight by Toney, went on to get dropped what, 4 times? Against McCline, I think Maskaev even rocked him in their next fight, then went on to fight Vitali.

Adamek was an accomplished cruiser and had a dominant win over Arreola.

Comment

Hell no! Vitali was expected to win, and Adamek was given no chance to win.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
              You don't think Corrie Sanders was better than Adamek, Cliff?
              As a fighter in general? Not even close. At Heavyweight? Interesting fight. I think Adamek has enough beard to get out of the first few rounds. Sanders had awful stamina. I think Adamek could have beat him. Pick 'em fight. I see someone included the Moby Dick version of Kirk Johnson.

That got a good chuckle.

I know Adamek was better than him. I'd take Adamek over Peter too though, again, tough fight because it could end on a dime.

You can make a case for Sanders on a different standard though: he matched up with Vitali a little better. Still, he matched up well for a couple rounds and then done.
              Last edited by crold1; 12-22-2012, 10:38 PM.

Comment

Yes Adamek was one of the good wins on Vitali's record.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
                  Easily his best, Sanders was already done as a fighter even after his win over Wlad, it's just that Wlad was so chinny Sanders had an easy time. Before his fight with Vitali he'd even retired to become a pro golfer, he was also like 38 years old.

Peter was never good, he had power but that was it. He got schooled badly after the Wlad fight by Toney, went on to get dropped what, 4 times? Against McCline, I think Maskaev even rocked him in their next fight, then went on to fight Vitali.

Adamek was an accomplished cruiser and had a dominant win over Arreola.
                  Peter beat Toney twice. Rahman, who beat Lewis, couldn't beat Toney. I'm not inferring that Vitali is better than Lewis; I'm just trying to put things in perspective.

I haven't seen the Cunningham fight, but after his fight with Chambers and now this, I think it is fair to say Adamek is done. This shouldn't be shocking. Many fighters are done by age 36. Although Adamek was 34 or 35 when he fought Vitali, I still think it is 1 of Vitali's biggest wins because VK was 40 at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by HooksInYou View Post
                    Peter beat Toney twice. Rahman, who beat Lewis, couldn't beat Toney. I'm not inferring that Vitali is better than Lewis; I'm just trying to put things in perspective.

I haven't seen the Cunningham fight, but after his fight with Chambers and now this, I think it is fair to say Adamek is done. This shouldn't be shocking. Many fighters are done by age 36. Although Adamek was 34 or 35 when he fought Vitali, I still think it is 1 of Vitali's biggest wins because VK was 40 at the time.
                    toney clearly won the first fight against peter and rahman clearly beat toney in the first fight. rahman was also a guy vitali wanted no part of.

Comment

Working...
                    X