No announcement yet.

Wilder next fight: PPV or PBC?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wilder next fight: PPV or PBC?

What's more likely for Deontay? Main event on NBC primetime or SHO PPV main event?

I doubt the Fury fght happens next because I think Fury wants to fight Wlad first.

Fury wants that Wlad payday this fall. But, if that fight doesn't come through, then I think Wilder/Fury happens, and NBC picks it up for an afternoon fight (US time). They have put on afternoon fights before so it'd be nothing new.

But even Wilder knows there's a lot more money to host the fight in UK, so the "live fight" time will be typical Saturday night UK fght.

NBC also has experience with Fury, and wth Haymon on board now, they know this fight would be all sortsof entertaining, and the buildup would really bring in a lot of views.

Here's my predicted payout: NBC puts up 2 million for the fight, and Wilder gets 1.1, and Fury 900k. Then, it will be on UK PPV, which will be split 60/40 Fury. UK PPV does about 5-8 million USD. Live gate is about 2 million pounds, or about 3.5 million USD.

When all is split, Wilder takes home about 3 million, and Fury 3.8-4.3 million USD.

Comment

But, since I don't think Fury/Wilder will happen next, I believe Wilder fights the winner of Cunningham/Glazkov, which IMO will be Cunningham.

That would definitely be on NBC. NBC loves Cunningham - he's been one of their darlings, and a staple for years.

First American HW title-holder in a decade takes on all-American Cunningham for his first defense.

I honestly think Cunningham has a very good chance of beating Wilder too.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
        What's more likely for Deontay? Main event on NBC primetime or SHO PPV main event?
        Depends on who he fights; Stiverne-Wilder, once all the purses are counted, likely ended up costing $3m to put everything together. Wilder-Fury and Wilder-Klitschko are both likely SHO PPV fights.

Wilder could maybe fight one time on NBC, to have the opportunity of putting his face in front of potentially +100m homes, but I see him being established as the "face of Showtime" (with the heavyweight being soft, only really having to worry about Klitschko/Fury/Joshua, Wilder should have a pretty extended string of fights to have).

Comment

Pbc would make the most sense. No way he's on ppv next

Comment

Originally posted by Rostov Papa View Post
            But, since I don't think Fury/Wilder will happen next, I believe Wilder fights the winner of Cunningham/Glazkov, which IMO will be Cunningham.

That would definitely be on NBC. NBC loves Cunningham - he's been one of their darlings, and a staple for years.

First American HW title-holder in a decade takes on all-American Cunningham for his first defense.

I honestly think Cunningham has a very good chance of beating Wilder too.
            I was thinking the same thing, I like tht fight and will be a good gauge.

Comment

Originally posted by Rostov Papa View Post
              I doubt the Fury fght happens next because I think Fury wants to fight Wlad first.

Fury wants that Wlad payday this fall. But, if that fight doesn't come through, then I think Wilder/Fury happens, and NBC picks it up for an afternoon fight (US time). They have put on afternoon fights before so it'd be nothing new.

But even Wilder knows there's a lot more money to host the fight in UK, so the "live fight" time will be typical Saturday night UK fght.

NBC also has experience with Fury, and wth Haymon on board now, they know this fight would be all sortsof entertaining, and the buildup would really bring in a lot of views.

Here's my predicted payout: NBC puts up 2 million for the fight, and Wilder gets 1.1, and Fury 900k. Then, it will be on UK PPV, which will be split 60/40 Fury. UK PPV does about 5-8 million USD. Live gate is about 2 million pounds, or about 3.5 million USD.

When all is split, Wilder takes home about 3 million, and Fury 3.8-4.3 million USD.
              ... why would Deontay Wilder, the WBC heavyweight world champion, travel to the UK, Fury's home, for short money?

Comment

No HW fight is deserving of a ppv as of now

Comment

Prob Showtime again

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
                    if the opponent is good enough and especially if he's american, we'll get wilder on PPV.

Comment

Working...
                    X