No announcement yet.

Haymon NBC Deal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Canvas View Post
    I can't wait for his fighters one by one to begin suing him to get out of their contracts. Surely to god they are going to eventually see that he is harming their careers.
    They haven't yet realized that the emperor isn't wearing any clothes.

He has all of this talent signed and no place to showcase it. If he had not burned the bridge with HBO, he would have another large pay-cable network's budget open to his fighters.

Even with the NBC deal in place, only a handful of those dates are reported to be on the main NBC network (the overwhelming majority are supposed to be NBC Sports, and that isn't going to generate the kind of ratings to justify the mega-paydays for sparring partner-level opponents that some Haymon clients currently enjoy on Showtime).

When guys aren't fighting, they aren't earning. He's either gonna have to cut down sizably on paydays and make his guys fight FAR MORE OFTEN on NBC Sports cards or make nice with HBO and agree to make some pick 'em 50-50 fights that HBO will be willing to pay for.

But if something does not change, once Floyd retires & Haymon loses a lot of bargaining power with SHO and in the sport generally, all of these guys on the Haymon roster will become quickly disillusioned with their management contracts.

Comment

Originally posted by djt117 View Post
      They haven't yet realized that the emperor isn't wearing any clothes.

He has all of this talent signed and no place to showcase it. If he had not burned the bridge with HBO, he would have another large pay-cable network's budget open to his fighters.

Even with the NBC deal in place, only a handful of those dates are reported to be on the main NBC network (the overwhelming majority are supposed to be NBC Sports, and that isn't going to generate the kind of ratings to justify the mega-paydays for sparring partner-level opponents that some Haymon clients currently enjoy on Showtime).

When guys aren't fighting, they aren't earning. He's either gonna have to cut down sizably on paydays and make his guys fight FAR MORE OFTEN on NBC Sports cards or make nice with HBO and agree to make some pick 'em 50-50 fights that HBO will be willing to pay for.

But if something does not change, once Floyd retires & Haymon loses a lot of bargaining power with SHO and in the sport generally, all of these guys on the Haymon roster will become quickly disillusioned with their management contracts.
      As the financial safety net from Showtime shrinks, those massive paydays for low risk fights and no accountability are going to disappear. And with Wilder, Thurman, and Quillin all being forced to turn down guaranteed million dollar+ offers, there's going to be potential for a class action suit. Roc Nation have found a loose thread and I'm sure their going to continue to pull at it. I expect Julian Williams, Jermell Charlo, and Errole Spence to be getting some big offers in the near future that they'll be forced to turn down.

Al will never find the same kind of revenue in the free market as the premium cable networks, but he's banking on the whole environment to change as we get away from cable. I just think he pulled the trigger too soon.

Comment

More mismatches coming soon, only now on NBC, great.

Comment

Nothing beats thw mismatches on HBO Ppv Pac vs rios algeri vargas

Comment

Well, I hope NBC likes having mismatches on their network.

Comment

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
              Supposedly there's a triple header lined up where you get to see all your favorite Harmon fighters, fight tomato cans.

Stay tuned....
              .../thread

Comment

Haymon signed Ron Salsa to fight 3 of his fighters on the same night/card.

Comment

You guys all hate the man so why even give a ****?

Comment

Interesting to hear investors have grown weary. To me it seemed like there was a setback with the entire initiative, because there were rumors of a feb debut and we wouldve heard about it by now.

I'm wondering how the streaming aspect of the operation is going as well. That could be the ticket for this whole thing

Comment

Originally posted by orechia View Post
                      Whats the latest on this. Havent heard anything for a couple months.
                      Everything that has been reported about this is rumor and speculation because no official information has come from any official source.

Comment

Working...
                      X