No announcement yet.

Would whitaker struggle with Hatton?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would whitaker struggle with Hatton?

Hatton applied a lot of pressure and had quick movement around the ring? He gave mayweather a tough night, would whitaker struggle at all?

It wasn't that tough a night for Mayweather,and a prime Whitaker would handle Hatton with ease,we are talking about 2 different levels of fighter

I'm a Hatton fan by the way
    Last edited by The_Demon; 05-08-2013, 07:38 PM.

Comment

I do respect Hatton, but he wouldn't bother a prime Whitaker at all.

Comment

In a blow snorting contest, yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Cardinal Buck View Post
          In a blow snorting contest, yes.
          I think Whitaker cleans that one up too.

Comment

About as much trouble as he gave Mayweather.

Which was only strength and physicality. Hatton didnt bother Mayweather much at all.

I dont think Hatton gets stopped though. Definitely not in the same fashion.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

So are people saying he beats him on the outside or beats him on the inside? Because I cant see pea running the whole fight, eventually hes gonna get smothered and to me I think it would be harder for him than mayweather at close range

Comment

Originally posted by The_Demon View Post
                It wasn't that tough a night for Mayweather,and a prime Whitaker would handle Hatton with ease,we are talking about 2 different levels of fighter

I'm a Hatton fan by the way
                I agree, except theres more than one level seperating whitaker from hatton. Its like 8 different levels of fighters lol.

Comment

Originally posted by likeamulekick
                  So are people saying he beats him on the outside or beats him on the inside? Because I cant see pea running the whole fight, eventually hes gonna get smothered and to me I think it would be harder for him than mayweather at close range
                  Whitaker wasnt as much of a backfoot fighter as he has gained a reputation for (somehow). Lots of lateral movement, but very little 'running'.

I think he is a bit more vulnerable to Hattons rough housing. But he is definitely just as skilled an infighter as Mayweather. Much higher workrate, albeit with much less on it.

I suspect he would keep Hatton in the centre of the ring and outbox him. When Hatton gets inside he would still be getting outhustled. Thatd probably make him more content to try and fight at long-range and land what he can.

Whitaker was a very different kind of ring general to Mayweather. Hatton would fight his way, not impose his own way and be beaten at it.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Whitaker would dominate Hatton.

Comment

Working...
                    X