Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Wins: Andre Ward vs. Prime Roy Jones, Jr. at 168 Lbs.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roy would make it a snoozer and win UD. I think he could do this to ANYONE in his prime. Hagler, Monzon, e.t.c

Comment

I haven't seen Andre in deep yet so its hard to comment, Roy could simply be to fast and to strong. It depends which Roy shows up, I need to see more of Andre, does he still box???? Ray

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting_Pride View Post
        ward is the clear top dog in his division right now but rjj in his prime was invincible at super middleweight.

i'd say rjj had the better combination of speed, power, reflexes and would prove too much for ward. this fight would be the most competitive of rjj's super middleweight career. ward has enough relative ability to make it a close fight. roy jones wins by UD.

your thoughts?
        Pfffft
        That is most certainly YOUR opinion....

*sighh

Comment

RJJ no question, man was ATG in his prime. I think a fairer what if would be Calzaghe-Ward, that's a toss-up IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
            Pfffft
            That is most certainly YOUR opinion....

*sighh
            at least there's someone who disagrees, so.. that's like one for every hundred

Comment

Jones by absolute massacre

Ward would look like an amateur

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting_Pride View Post
                at least there's someone who disagrees, so.. that's like one for every hundred
                *way over your head...

Comment

jones....ko in 7 rds

Comment

Ward would beat Jones.

Comment

Roy would be making faces to the crowd when Ward is in there working trying his hardest to land a shot on the inside here and there. He wasn't an inside fighter in the sense Ward is, but he was very good using his arms to mitigate holding and then unleash with crazy combos in between your shots. That's even if he could get inside. I still think Ward telegraphs his jab a bit with his lead foot and there's no doubt he'd see that coming and get the timing, without it I can't even see him getting inside unless RJJ lets him.

It actually might be a good fight for Ward to try fighting as a southpaw here and there as he's done before in his fights.

Comment

Working...
                      X