Collapse
No announcement yet.

Respect..........what happened to it?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

these are kids on the internet who are likely loners and anti-social in real life so they get on the internet and they put on this TOUGH GUY ACT...a lot of it is just for attention and to get a reaction/rise out of people and people can't resist but to give them the attention they are seeking...but they will get older and look back and laugh about the time they spent HATING MAYWEATHER or PACQUIAO and as they get older they will actually grow to have a lot more respect for those fighters once they are gone, a lot more then they have now that is for sure

but the internet made Respect "OPTIONAL" because you can get away with disrespect over the internet

when you go to a live boxing event, the atmosphere is a lot more mature then the BS you see on boxing forums, because at the event your not protected by a Keyboard and a Monitor and a ISP lol

Mayweather and Pacquiao take punches in the face for a living, I have no choice but to respect them, especially when you see their training and how hard these guys WORK just to prepare for a fight
    Last edited by KnockUTheFukOut; 05-09-2012, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KnockUTheFukOut View Post
      these are kids on the internet who are likely loners and anti-social in real life so they get on the internet and they put on this TOUGH GUY ACT...a lot of it is just for attention and to get a reaction/rise out of people and people can't resist but to give them the attention they are seeking...but they will get older and look back and laugh about the time they spent HATING MAYWEATHER or PACQUIAO and as they get older they will actually grow to have a lot more respect for those fighters once they are gone, a lot more then they have now that is for sure

but the internet made Respect "OPTIONAL" because you can get away with disrespect over the internet

when you go to a live boxing event, the atmosphere is a lot more mature then the BS you see on boxing forums, because at the event your not protected by a Keyboard and a Monitor and a ISP lol

Mayweather and Pacquiao take punches in the face for a living, I have no choice but to respect them, especially when you see their training and how hard these guys WORK just to prepare for a fight
      Absolutely. That's why I laugh when people call fighters cowards and things like that. And if you truly love this sport you can appreciate things about every fighter.
      But antagonizing a fan about his favorite fighter when the opportunity is present is part of sports. Trash talk comes with sports, if you can't deal with that, then I just don't know what to say. It's part of a competitive nature.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
        Absolutely. That's why I laugh when people call fighters cowards and things like that. And if you truly love this sport you can appreciate things about every fighter.
        But antagonizing a fan about his favorite fighter when the opportunity is present is part of sports. Trash talk comes with sports, if you can't deal with that, then I just don't know what to say. It's part of a competitive nature.
        Yeap...these type of fans are not new, the internet is! I remember when Oscar De La Hoya was hated during MOST OF HIS PRIME by his OWN PEOPLE and especially after he beat Chavez Sr., he was called "WHITE BOY" "SELL OUT" "HE IS NOT A TRUE MEXICAN" all that stuff, same for Pernell Whitaker: "HE RUNS" "HE IS BORING" so yeah trash talking always been apart of the sport and always will be

Comment

Originally posted by KnockUTheFukOut View Post
          Yeap...these type of fans are not new, the internet is! I remember when Oscar De La Hoya was hated during MOST OF HIS PRIME by his OWN PEOPLE and especially after he beat Chavez Sr., he was called "WHITE BOY" "SELL OUT" "HE IS NOT A TRUE MEXICAN" all that stuff, same for Pernell Whitaker: "HE RUNS" "HE IS BORING" so yeah trash talking always been apart of the sport and always will be
          Oscar was my favorite fighter until he retired. I can't stand how people try to credit Mannys win over Oscar.

Comment

yeah, calling fighters cowards or bums.......Bums the one that gets me. i would dare anyone who calls another fighter a bum to go to where he trains and spar him. it takes balls to get into the ring, and it does take skill to even be semi relevant. not everyone is going to be a superstar. or even Elite, but just because they are not, does not mean they have to hang them up.

Trash talk does come with sports no doubt, But at the end of the day people have to realize the truth. like for example, if manny looses to Bradley there will be hundred's of posts saying "see he was overhyped!", "Hes a BUM" and so on and so on.

We can talk trash and respect fighters at the same time, but very few are smart enough to do it.......

Comment

Oscar was my favorite fighter until he retired. I can't stand how people try to credit Mannys win over Oscar.
              I almost always rooted against Oscar, i was a Quartey fan. But damn looking back at his career i miss the **** out of him. Dude had balls. he fought everyone.......no diva games, he wanted to fight the best to prove he was the best. Much respect. theres too much games these days.

Comment

Exactly. If only Floyd got the respect he deserved for being the undisputed best in the world and for being a class act, and Manny's fans could accept second place, we could actually have some productive and informative boxing discussion. It would be nice to discuss the sport free of biases and hate for once.
                Shots fired.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
                  Shots fired.
                  haha, you like that? I had to fire up the engine on my first post of the day
                  Originally posted by The Future View Post
                  I almost always rooted against Oscar, i was a Quartey fan. But damn looking back at his career i miss the **** out of him. Dude had balls. he fought everyone.......no diva games, he wanted to fight the best to prove he was the best. Much respect. theres too much games these days.
                  You never know what you will miss about an athlete until they are gone. Oscar had many fans, and many haters. but one thing is for sure, he was always respected for fighting everyone! He had the heart of a lion, and his style and fundamentals were sharp as can be. Fighters like him are hard to find today.
                  Originally posted by The Future View Post
                  yeah, calling fighters cowards or bums.......Bums the one that gets me. i would dare anyone who calls another fighter a bum to go to where he trains and spar him. it takes balls to get into the ring, and it does take skill to even be semi relevant. not everyone is going to be a superstar. or even Elite, but just because they are not, does not mean they have to hang them up.

Trash talk does come with sports no doubt, But at the end of the day people have to realize the truth. like for example, if manny looses to Bradley there will be hundred's of posts saying "see he was overhyped!", "Hes a BUM" and so on and so on.

We can talk trash and respect fighters at the same time, but very few are smart enough to do it.......
                  Yea bum is harsh, but it is usually used to get a rise out of people. Talking trash is fun, if it isn't too ridiculous. But talking and comparing matchups is fun. But things get heated when two passionate fans are stubborn about there favorite fighters.

Comment

Working...
                  X