Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: "FLOYD MAYWEATHER AND THE CHICKEN THEORY"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People tend to rewrite history a bit. The only guy Floyd should have faced before he retired is Cotto. Neither one seemed that interested. Clottey makes sense now but at the time most people would have not been impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by cortdawg25 View Post
      That is not true either. what he said was that marquez would bring in more fans than Mosley and statiscally he is right. marquez fights on PPV, Mosley does not and i assume for a reason.

Cotto was already scheduled to fight Clottey so a fight wasn't feasible between the 2 at the signing of Floyd/JMM.

are you saying that if the cotto/clottey is not on that floyd would've definitely fought cotto? i don't think so............ if he really wanted cotto i don't think it'd be a problem at all.

Comment

Originally posted by 2fast2strong423 View Post
        dont kno... i dont swing from sacs, i just like the sig cuz i happen to be PRICAN.....
        Yea I think he needs more time too with the death of his dad being o recent it could go either way he could get very depressed or highly motivated. i am hoping he gets highly motivated myself. I would love to see Cotto come back strong and wins a few more good wars.

As for Bully and Executioners points...Bully I do not think Floyd fought bums and old fighters. I do not think Mosley is an old fighter maybe by number but not by his ability at this point. You could make a case for CHERRY picking and not giving the public what they wanted. Maybe that he himself think sthat he is bigger than the sport...lefty

Comment

Originally posted by noname007 View Post
          are you saying that if the cotto/clottey is not on that floyd would've definitely fought cotto? i don't think so............ if he really wanted cotto i don't think it'd be a problem at all.
          No, what i'm saying is that factually cotto had a fight with Clottey - 2 top rank fighters. there would be no step aside $$$ from Floyd for that fight.

Now if your asking, would he have fought Cotto, absolutely. He been trying to fight him since 140 division.

Cotto didn't come to 147 division until around the time of the 2nd oscar fight that didn't happen.

So when he fought ricky, he could have fought Cotto but chose the $$$ and clout that ricky had at the time. P4P list, hatton was rated higher and brought more $$$.

Now if u want to say he should have fought cotto after hatton, then Ok.

Comment

the fact that most of the fights fans wanted to see the most did'nt happen ,tells you what floyd is all about as a fighter.......and the only good enough measuring stick of greatness is what a fighter has done and not what one thinks he can do.............imo..

Comment

Originally posted by LEFTYGUNZZ View Post
              Yea I think he needs more time too with the death of his dad being o recent it could go either way he could get very depressed or highly motivated. i am hoping he gets highly motivated myself. I would love to see Cotto come back strong and wins a few more good wars.

As for Bully and Executioners points...Bully I do not think Floyd fought bums and old fighters. I do not think Mosley is an old fighter maybe by number but not by his ability at this point. You could make a case for CHERRY picking and not giving the public what they wanted. Maybe that he himself think sthat he is bigger than the sport...lefty
              it's really all an illusion created by Arum. At the time margarito hadn't beaten anybody. Not a single champion, his belt was won from a vacant title fight for christ sakes. He was not deserving at all. Clottey was a nobody as well. he hadn't made a name for himself and neither did Williams. Remember this is 05-06 people. Cotto hadn't even been at the division that long and Floyd was negotiating with oscar for the 2nd fight.

He could of fought Cotto after Hatton, but that is the only thing he left on the table at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by cortdawg25 View Post
                No, what i'm saying is that factually cotto had a fight with Clottey - 2 top rank fighters. there would be no step aside $$$ from Floyd for that fight.

Now if your asking, would he have fought Cotto, absolutely. He been trying to fight him since 140 division.

Cotto didn't come to 147 division until around the time of the 2nd oscar fight that didn't happen.
                So when he fought ricky, he could have fought Cotto but chose the $$$ and clout that ricky had at the time. P4P list, hatton was rated higher and brought more $$$.

Now if u want to say he should have fought cotto after hatton, then Ok.

My due I got nothing but love for you but Cotto's first fight at 147 was against Quintana in Dec 06 Mayweather fought Oscar in May of 07. Cotto had already beaten Urkal by then March 07 at 147lbs and fought Zab in June 07 ...Lefty

Comment

Originally posted by baracuda View Post
                  the fact that most of the fights fans wanted to see the most did'nt happen ,tells you what floyd is all about as a fighter.......and the only good enough measuring stick of greatness is what a fighter has done and not what one thinks he can do.............imo..
                  no these fans got revisionist memory! Nobody was calling for a margarito, Clottey, or a williams fight. Only maragrito fans was calling floyd out for margarito who ended up losing to Williams after that video surfaced of margarito approaching Floyd.

Margarito is a chump!

Comment

Cotto,Margarito or Mosley were the fights he should have gone for after beating Hatton. Williams, Clottey arent viable options at the time.
                    Last edited by Ray*; 01-21-2010, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Bi
                      Originally posted by LEFTYGUNZZ View Post
                      My due I got nothing but love for you but Cotto's first fight at 147 was against Quintana in Dec 06 Mayweather fought Oscar in May of 07. Cotto had already beaten Urkal by then March 07 at 147lbs and fought Zab in June 07 ...Lefty
                      Cotto beating Mosley set up a Mayweather clash. That fight should have happened. The other stuff is people twisting the past.

Comment

Working...
                      X