No announcement yet.

Return of Saint George Groves is soon - title shot by February 2015

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Return of Saint George Groves is soon - title shot by February 2015

After coming across this article on cpboxing, http://www.cpboxing.com/articles.htm...xt-for-groves/

I'm excited for Groves' return! The loss to Froch hurt bad, but there were certainly positives to take from that fight, George was certainly in the fight and boxing well up to that point, but one mistake can cost you everything in this game, but George is young and will come again

The Rebrasse fight is interesting, Rebrasse is highly ranked but hasn't really beaten any top SMW's of note, however he's clearly a decent fighter to be European champ. Winning the European title in style will give George the confidence he needs to push on with his next world title shot, and mark my words it will be third time lucky, while I rate Anthony Dirrell, he matches up well with George stylistically.

What do you all think? Who else is excited for the Return of the Saint?

Glad you're enthused about Groves because he's no longer legit.All that talk before his second fight likening it to Hagler/Hearns and then fighting the opposite and getting KTFO.He might win a title but the only kinda big fight for him is DeGale and really who cares?

Comment

I'm pretty sure he'll end up fighting Arthur Abraham since they are both promoted under the same banner. That way with a belt, his name stays relevant in the title picture. Could look to unify with Anthony Dirrell.

Comment

I'm a Froch fan but I always want British fighters to do well, and if GG gets that WBC shot he's bringing that belt back to England and he's knocking Dirrell out.

Comment

Groves is very good and there is no shame in that Froch loss. I want him to do well and not fall off because I heartily believe Degale-Groves rematch with a World title belt/s can replicate Froch-Groves. After all they sold out an arena fighting for British and Commonwealth titles last time.

Comment

Originally posted by JackTheLad View Post
            I'm a Froch fan but I always want British fighters to do well, and if GG gets that WBC shot he's bringing that belt back to England and he's knocking Dirrell out.
            I do believe Groves can do that. What ever happens I want to see Degale-Groves II. Their rivalry is the best one currently in boxing. Even better than Khan-Brook because they trained in the same gym and had all that history.

Degale-Groves in a unification would be a dream come true.

Comment

Originally posted by Cracaphat View Post
              Glad you're enthused about Groves because he's no longer legit.All that talk before his second fight likening it to Hagler/Hearns and then fighting the opposite and getting KTFO.He might win a title but the only kinda big fight for him is DeGale and really who cares?
              GTFO with that crap- Everybody talks.

Groves is a legit contender, and I bet will give Anthony Dirrell a tough fight, and probably beat him.

Comment

Working...
              X