No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Miguel Cotto To Take a Few Months Off, Ponder Return

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Miguel Cotto To Take a Few Months Off, Ponder Return

For now Miguel Cotto (37-4, 30KOs) is only focused on his promotional company. The Puerto Rican star is not thinking about fighting at the moment. He plans to take a few months off, with an announcement on his future to come at some point in 2013.

Cotto lost a twelve round unanimous decision to unbeaten Austin Trout earlier this month. EVen with the loss the Puerto Rican boxer is said to be under consideration as a possible opponent for WBC 154-pound champion Saul "Canelo" Alvarez. He does intend to continue working with his coach Pedro Diaz.
    [Click Here To Read More]

what he needs to do is start training for longer periods so he can make 147. his laziness is resulting in his fighting at 154

Comment

Better to retire healthy and financially secure than to end up as a punch drunk gatekeeper. Maybe have a homecoming / farewell fight in PR next summer, then move on to other things. Whatever he decides though, I wish him the best, Cotto's been one of my favourite fighters of the last ten years.

Comment

Cotto deserves time to recuperate, floyd has been abusing this "time off" for a decade now. LOL

Comment

Lifelong fan of Cotto, but a ginger/Cotto ppv woud be a slap in my face. However as I stream, I'll be expecting upset all the way. The way I figure it, if Cotto's elder career lightweight brother can hurt ginger, the mass shouldn't be surprised if Cotto does better.

Comment

Originally posted by fitefan View Post
            what he needs to do is start training for longer periods so he can make 147. his laziness is resulting in his fighting at 154

Exactly. He'll never be relevant at 154 again. Cotto need's to get his ass down to 147 ASAP.

He's only 5'7 it shouldn't be that hard.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
              Lifelong fan of Cotto, but a ginger/Cotto ppv woud be a slap in my face. However as I stream, I'll be expecting upset all the way. The way I figure it, if Cotto's elder career lightweight brother can hurt ginger, the mass shouldn't be surprised if Cotto does better.

Old Shane had more power than Cotto's little brother and he didn't hurt him at all. Canelo might be a little better now than he was back when he fought lil cotto
              Last edited by UTEP; 12-20-2012, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by fitefan View Post
                yeah he's too small for junior middle. He was probably even too small for welterweight, his prime years were at 140.

Comment

Originally posted by liraj View Post
                  Old Shane had more power than Cotto's little brother and he didn't hurt him at all. Canelo might be a little better than he was back when he fought lil cotto
                  So what?? The elder Cotto did though.

Comment

no matter @'47 or '54 Cotto is done as an elite & should concentrate in his island promoting...hopefully he's got more sense than a broke Mosley...

Comment

Working...
                    X