Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joe Calzaghe: A Good Fight, But I'd Beat Andre Ward!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ward wins this wide.

Comment

• Joe would have to wait til Ward was 40 to fight him. Impossible.

Comment

• A prime Calzaghe would give Ward fits,styles make fights,its something that the deluded haters are too blind to see

Comment

• Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
          Ridiculous some people here truly ridiculous.

First when we talk of the opinions of figters....they tend to have very different points of view...lets just say they do not pick the winners often when asked about fights! And when asked "who hits the hardest?" some of the names mentioned are a suprise to say the least. With Bikka and Kesler the opinion they have about Ward comes from a lot of things, an objective assesment about skill is not one of them. Kessler for one was pissed at Ward. So lets be real about that opinion as an indication of anything!

Now lets look at the data we do have: Hopkins put Calzighe on his ass and beat him. Hopkins who was past it. Ward beat up the guy who eat Hopkins recently.

Joe's work rate would be affected because Ward like any great fighter would neutralize Joe's slaps. Once Joe got hit in his guts a few times and smothered I think he would slow down a bit.

Joe was not adaptible!! He was able to impose his will because....He fought ****! He did not impose his will on Hopkins, he snuck by because one judge saw it his way.

Ward would show Joe that a fight takes place in all ranges. He would put Joe on his ass like Hopkins did and then do it again a few more times.

Slappy coasted and everybody knows that. Kessler is a solid fighter....he is not a great fighter. Joe was impressive in that he saw the weakness in Lacy while others did not, he deserves credit for that.

If one more judge had scored the Hopkins fight properly we probably would not be having this discussion frankly.
          One of the dumbest posts I've ever read.

Comment

• Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
            Ward wins this wide.
            gmc_rfc knows whats up!

Comment

• Ward 7-5...

Comment

• Originally posted by techliam View Post
                Not going to say why? 168 doesn't have a deep history. From your posts in this thread, your logic seems to be that unifying titles is the way to become the greatest. That one win alone is greater than anything Calzaghe has ever done at 168, and it wasn't close, controversial or a struggle for him. Froch v Kessler will be the for the WBA/IBF titles, does that make them greater than RJJ?
                Do you possibly have Roy's entire career confused with what he did at super middleweight? To answer your question unifying titles does in fact mean more. Simply because it shows that a fighter dominated. And the fact is that Jones and Toney never dominated the super middleweight division. And unifying the titles also means way more then beating the likes of Eric Lucas and a pudgy Vinnie Pazienza. As far as Jones beating Toney, I believe that by winning one fight in a division is no where near enough to be the best in that divisions history. Regardless of who you are or who happened to beat.

Comment

• thats very tough. it would be a good fight, but I'd go with joe on this one...

Comment

• Originally posted by junior gong View Post
                    One of the dumbest posts I've ever read.
                    When offering something that does not amount to a logical rebutal, a competing interpretation of information, or pointing out a logical inconsistancy a statement such as yours amounts to "look at me I am a jackass." Ok I have looked.....

Comment

• Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                      When offering something that does not amount to a logical rebutal, a competing interpretation of information, or pointing out a logical inconsistancy a statement such as yours amounts to "look at me I am a jackass." Ok I have looked.....
                      you're not really expecting to have a logical debate / conversation with junior dong, are you? he is the only moron on here that you will find that rival's the absolute clown twatness of even hugh grant. the sad part is he is like over 40 years old, lives in his moms basement, and believes all the bs he spews. true story. try having a convo with him. nothing but hypocrisy, contradictions, stupidity, recycling, rinse, repeat.

theres idiots
                      theres morons
                      theres nuthuggers
                      theres junior dongs

Comment

Working...
                      X