Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deontay Wilder destroys Sergei Liakhovich in 1st round KO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wilder needs A LOT more experience, sure he has that sick power but he looks real raw at times. They need to get him someone that gives him rounds.

Oliver McCall
    Jason Estrada
    Fres Oquendo

We need to see his chin tested, the guy has power but if they throw him to the wolves too early it could be another David Price.

Comment

Hed kill MItchell

Comment

The first time I sensed the power of this guy is not when I saw him knock people down.
        Its when he knocked Audley Harrison down, and while Audley was down he threw some punches that whizzed past the top of Audleys head hitting thin air.
        It those punches that missed that seemed like they had power and I was thinking Audley is lucky he was on his knees against the ropes.

Comment

I'm shocked!

Comment

I don't see why I should be impressed

Comment

He showed some progression, controlled distance reasonably well and the ko looked a lot more organised and professional rather than like a bar room brawl... But he still didn't do anything we weren't expecting. Liakovich is shot to **** and wasn't amazing in his prime. In all honesty watching him twitch on the floor i wondered how the fight even got sanctioned tbh

I will keep watching deontay cos I'm excited to see how he develops, and i hope he becomes a force, but next two fights has to be a true step up.

Comment

Great power as usual. Hope he steps it up and get rounds under his belt, he needs someone that would push him beyond 6/8 rounds not just 1/2 rounds.

Comment

Wow he ko'd a fighter who has been shot for over half a decade,and this was actually a step up

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2-UrjITaSc

Comment

Originally posted by valero View Post
                      Wilder just has to land cleanly on Arreola's nose like Stiverne did. That was a huge turning point for Stiverne. I'd never seen Arreola's punch output so low. He barely took risks after that because of the pain of being hit in the broken nose.
                      It was the pain and he also had trouble breathing

Comment

Working...
                      X