Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Glen Johnson Q&A : I'll beat the living hell out of him.(Froch)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glen Johnson Q&A : I'll beat the living hell out of him.(Froch)

How did you get into boxing and what age did you start learning your trade?

I went to a boxing gym in my neighborhood to lose weight at age 20. It was a free gym for kids from the area. The coach saw potential in me. I was a competitive type. When asked if I would fight, I said sure.

Who did you look up to growing up in boxing who was your Idol?

When I started boxing my idols were Muhammad Ali, Roy Jones, Jr., Evander Holyfield, Mike Tyson.

What fight taught you the most as a boxer?

The Bernard Hopkins fight in 1997 was my best learning experience in boxing.

What was your most embarrassing moment associated with boxing?

I am always embarrassed when I lose.

What would you say is your biggest win to date in the ring?

My greatest victory was winning the IBF Light Heavyweight World Title when I beat Clinton Woods in England.

Rest of Q&A can be read here:

http://ringnews24.com//index.php/blo...#ixzz1Na0vcN4C

I really don't see Johnson beating Froch. Johnson's pressure couldn't beat Dawson but Pascal's pressure could beat Dawson and as we'e seen Froch handled Pascal's pressure pretty well.

They key to this fight will be whether Johnson can get his inside game off that'll be the decider here.

Comment

i don't think johnson wins this but i will b rooting 4 him!!

Comment

with Glen being a graduate from the B.Hop "School Of Victims" lol... I will be pulling for him...but Froch is a ****in monster...a certified beast in my book...I expect fireworks and a FOTY type of scrap

Comment

I think Johnson will give him a hard time when he gets in there. Froch might need to clinch often something which he has not done often.

Comment

Originally posted by sdcluser View Post
            I think Johnson will give him a hard time when he gets in there. Froch might need to clinch often something which he has not done often.
            yep
            but he's gonna get worked in the inside if he tries that, and johnson definitely has the advantage there, his best chance is to employ the abraham strategy with plenty of hooks

it will get real tough in the later rounds

Comment

Johnson needs to be very careful about Froch's uppercuts, and be patient and disciplined throughout the fight, because it's gonna be a long battle.

Comment

Froch will box him to a UD. 116-112. Glen has a chance but I feel he needs the knockout, and Froch has a solid chin therefore Glen has it all to do.

Comment

This resonse in particular made me laugh:

How much longer do you plan on fighting and what will you do when your boxing career ends?

I will keep fighting professionally as long as I can still win. When my boxing career is finished I intend to have more sex.

Comment

Good to hear Johnson pay respect to Bhop.

Think its gonna be a tough night for Froch.

Comment

Working...
                    X