Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to be faster

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can only hone the fluidity of your combo's and punches through continuous bag work and other training. But pure, natural speed cant be taught.

Comment

sweet thanks for the input. my son is 5 so i guess im just expecting him to move faster he can react to jabs and duck and slip some punches and counters kinda slow i guess he will improve as he gets older and that drill on the bag my son does already its like

5 seconds jab stright right left hook right hook stop repeat for 1min but hes only 5 and just turned 5 so yeah hes doing well and im enjoying watching him learn as i "Try to teach i guess". ty all though

Comment

ive also read that having speed, isnt just how fast you can throw the punch, its about how fast you can set up for the next one...so as that person said a few posts above me, when your son is shadowboxing or mitt work, work on snapping those punches, and as it because instinct(sp?) to him he will become notically faster. hope that made sense/helped

Comment

Originally posted by j View Post
          learn to relax, and speed will come naturally.

in many cases, you have to unlock your speed rather than build it up. meaning, it is there already for the most part, you have to open yourself to it. of course, certain speed exercises help. but just working on the efficiency of one punch at a time will help more than you may think.
          u're cool j, definitely deserve the kakihara avatar... anyway, perfect technique makes your punches faster, like the man says.

Comment

thanks guys.

But pure, natural speed cant be taught.

what do you define natural speed as being?

Comment

J, what movie is that in your sig?

Comment

J, what movie is that in your sig?

koroshiya 1

Comment

Originally posted by j View Post
                  thanks guys.

what do you define natural speed as being?
                  I think natural speed is as I said: Somebody who is born with the gift of quick hands. Though I agree with you that you can hone speed, I think that's only to improve what you already have.

Comment

Although your speed potential is limited by your genes, reaching your potential is not so easy. Very often what appears to be lots of speed is in reality good timing. Get you son on the double-ended bag and he will increase his speed and learn good timing. Be sure the bag is strung very loosely. The harder it is to hit the better.

Comment

practice the same combo over and over again. I found this really helps brother.

Comment

Working...
                      X