No announcement yet.

Best Heavyweight In The Division?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by beez721 View Post
    yes,,,I did see some improvement and hes a dangerous fight for all heavies becuase of his huge size and stamina but he also looked very vulnerable,,,he walked straight into many barret right hands and was wobbled one on occasion. barret isnt a big puncher and if he was there may have been trouble for valuev
    Well I have seen that fight many times it should have been stopped earlier - the ref was a big problem in that fight, I never saw Valuev wobbled in that fight and I have seen it 4 times now, Sure barret was connecting some good right hands, but Valuev didnt even flinch.

Comment

Originally posted by Parody View Post
      When was the last time you saw Valuev being gassed out, and when was the last time you say Wlad being? You cant base it on assumptions...I can assume Dominick Guinn will be the Unified champ very soon. but will it make it true? It is wrong to compare him with the elites so there u go, for me I want either Samuel Peter Either Wlad or Either Valuev, any three of them the man of HW division, and one of them ofcourse will, I like all three, Wlad has shown how much class he has with the things he does outside the ring, donating to charities etc. Peter is a nice guy, and i generally like Valuev.
      I'm merely pointing out my opinion. It is my personal opinion that Wladimir Klitschko is a more skilled, determined fighter than Valuev is. And that he would showcase that if given the opportunity to fight Valuev. Where Vitali lies in all of this is anybody's guess because we don't know what shape he'll be in come time for his return.

As it stands now, Wladimir Klitschko is the best in the division and has the best chance to unify IMO. This is merely an opinions thread, and I'm giving mine.

Comment

I think your overrating valuev. did you see his fights with ruiz and donald? the ruiz fight could have gone either way but he was clearly beaten by larry donald. he has great stamina for a huge man and he does seem to have improved some but his chin is still untested. he hasnt faced a big puncher yet and he does tend to walk into punches
        Originally posted by Rosewood_htown View Post
        The dude is undefeated..I dont care what he looks like, he is champion that would whoop both Kilt brother...especially Wald..He is way too active for wald...match this dude in every way..The big difference is that Wald has a glass jaw and the monster doesnt...Big Difference..
        I think these two posts represent the general opinion here at boxingscene; that a potential match-up between these two fighters could go either way and the conclusion is very far gone. Infact, this would be the closest thing to a hw 'super-fight' and a very possive step for the division if it could happen this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Parody View Post
          Well I have seen that fight many times it should have been stopped earlier - the ref was a big problem in that fight, I never saw Valuev wobbled in that fight and I have seen it 4 times now, Sure barret was connecting some good right hands, but Valuev didnt even flinch.
          well,,,Ive only seen it once and its been a while but I could have sworn I remember valuev being rocked for a moment from a right hand in the first round. the thing people have to remember is valuev hasnt faced a big puncher yet so we really dont know for sure how good his chin is. it should be above average considering how massive he is but he does walk into punches and we wont know for sure if he can get away with this until he faces a big puncher

Comment

well,,,Ive only seen it once and its been a while but I could have sworn I remember valuev being rocked for a moment from a right hand in the first round. the thing people have to remember is valuev hasnt faced a big puncher yet so we really dont know for sure how good his chin is. it should be above average considering how massive he is but he does walk into punches and we wont know for sure if he can get away with this until he faces a big puncher
            wladamir will TKO valuev if they fight, he will get the big guy to the ropes and hit him with so many unanswered shots that the ref will have to step in... youre forgetting you dont have to drop a guy to actually get a knockout

Comment

Working...
            X