No announcement yet.

Adrien Broner nets HBO it's largest ratings in several years

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jaestix1 View Post
    stfu.....ali already endorses floyd and i have doubt he'd do the same for broner. they're all cut from the same cloth.
    They are not cut from the same cloth and Ali is incapable of speech these days (sadly) so no. Anything Ali says comes from reps now and they are as trustworthy as Bob Arum.

But if Ali was never struck with his disease, the odds of Ali going against Floyd is far higher then him 'endorsing' Floyd.

Ali hated non Heavyweights, read Sugar Ray's book and what Ali said to him and about him

'stfu you just a god damn middleweight'. Ali probably feel sick to his stomach that Floyd a god damn midget is the cash cow instead of an elite heavyweight fighter like himself.

Comment

I know Ward doesn't have a personality, but I wish he could have been the one to take on the most popular American fighter mantle from Mayweather, but it is what is is. I just am honestly not the impressed by Broner yet. If he can beat Gamboa I'll become a huge believer.

Comment

Originally posted by UnicornGirl View Post
        They are not cut from the same cloth and Ali is incapable of speech these days (sadly) so no. Anything Ali says comes from reps now and they are as trustworthy as Bob Arum.

But if Ali was never struck with his disease, the odds of Ali going against Floyd is far higher then him 'endorsing' Floyd.

Ali hated non Heavyweights, read Sugar Ray's book and what Ali said to him and about him

'stfu you just a god damn middleweight'. Ali probably feel sick to his stomach that Floyd a god damn midget is the cash cow instead of an elite heavyweight fighter like himself.
        you're probably a *******.....lol@you.... ali idolized srr (a non heavyweight). if anything ali would have called pacroid a overrated hypejob with zero skills......if ali said bad things about frazier's skills and style (which is levels above pacroid's) he would've never respected pacroid as fighter. ali definitely respects floyd who is a scientific fighter like himself, which is why he's attended many of floyd's fights and not many if any of pacroid's fights. i'd bet my life that ali respects floyd as a fighter and a fellow olympian more he than he does pacroid, who refuses the drug test or fight any tough challenges.

Comment

HBO making the right moves. I think they hyped the fake proposal via tweeter and facebook and it caught fire among the sentimental teens and women in the internet. They wanted to see how the fake proposal was done by Broner.

Boxing as a result was exposed to the casual fans. That is one good marketing job.

HBO programming president Lombardo is on the dot when he said Ken Hershman, the HBO Sports boss has deep and thorough understanding of the sport of boxing and is capable of thinking outside the box.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Alpha View Post
            HBO making the right moves. I think they hyped the fake proposal via tweeter and facebook and it caught fire among the sentimental teens and women in the internet. They wanted to see how the fake proposal was done by Broner.

Boxing as a result was exposed to the casual fans. That is one good marketing job.

HBO programming president Lombardo is on the dot when he said Ken Hershman, the HBO Sports boss has deep and thorough understanding of the sport of boxing and is capable of thinking outside the box.
            hype a proposal that no one knew was gonna happen before hand?

those viewers were in play before the proposal so that means it was strictly the interest of adrian broner...........

broner is just a interesting fighter with a big personality.

Comment

Originally posted by Atreyu Khalil View Post
              Broner is the future
              he had the main page on yahoo/germany yesterday.....his fake marriage proposal made him internationally known to non-boxing fans...his name and face is out there now...the future is looking really bright for him...I hope he does well

Comment

Originally posted by jaestix1 View Post
                you're probably a *******.....lol@you.... ali idolized srr (a non heavyweight). if anything ali would have called pacroid a overrated hypejob with zero skills......if ali said bad things about frazier's skills and style (which is levels above pacroid's) he would've never respected pacroid as fighter. ali definitely respects floyd who is a scientific fighter like himself, which is why he's attended many of floyd's fights and not many if any of pacroid's fights. i'd bet my life that ali respects floyd as a fighter and a fellow olympian more he than he does pacroid, who refuses the drug test or fight any tough challenges.
                Anyone that don't like Broner or Floyd= Pac Lover in your eyes?

What the Hell is wrong with you? Does loving Floyd and caring about boxing twist your life so much? I don't like Floyd or Pacquaio.
                Grow up. I might have been a bit harsh in saying Ali won't have liked Floyd, but that don't make me like Pacquaio.

Why is it that anyone who hates Pac = Floyd fan and anyone who hates Floyd=Pac Fan?

I hate both. Midgets creep me out, it's just something personal. I was attacked by midgets 4 years ago and ever since then I hate all short people.

Comment

I'm surprised by that number. Don't get me wrong I'm happy but it's just interesting. None of us considered it a competitive fight. There's been a lot of other fights on HBO that I've been much more excited to see in recent months. But whatever. Good for Broner and good for boxing.

Comment

He had me at "bring yo sunglasses cause I'm gonna shine" I must say he's definitely looking like he'll be the face of boxing at the moment but he needs to step up the competition

Comment

Originally posted by Atreyu Khalil View Post
                      Without personalities like Ali, ray Leonard,Tyson rjj, Floyd and broner the sport wouldnt be what it is....we need c o c k y and confident and intriguing figures in this sport
                      Pac is a quiet humble dude and his ppv numbers rival Floyd's. Cotto is a quiet humble dude = 3rd biggest ppv draw in america.

Comment

Working...
                      X