Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Wladimir Klitschko have to change his usual style against Wach?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Wladimir Klitschko have to change his usual style against Wach?

Will his usual style work against a taller man? Will he have to use more head movement to dodge punches, punches which will on his eye level or can he still just stick out the jab and slightly back up as he does against smaller opponents?

Seems to me that his usual style won't work in terms of defense. He will have to exude a little bit more energy then usual to win this one. Unless Wach is so terrible that he just flattens him with the fist real punch he throws/lands.

Have you seen the Ray Austin fight or the Tony Thompson fight?both ended in brutal ko's same as this one will. It will be very entertaining

Comment

I think it works to Wlad's favor. When he fights smaller men he constantly has to be quicker than them and out technique them. When he fights big guys like him he's 3x faster/stronger so they go down quick and dont have the skills to hang in with him.

This will be a KO for Wlad

Comment

Wladamir will be the smaller faster fighter which will allow him to let his hands go more.This fight will not last long at all.

Comment

Originally posted by eurochamp View Post
          Have you seen the Ray Austin fight or the Tony Thompson fight?both ended in brutal ko's same as this one will. It will be very entertaining
          Neither one of those two was taller than Wlad. But I didn't say that Wach will give him problems. I still think Wlad will win this. Check my post history. I'm a huge defender of Wlad.

I asked a question. Will he have to change his pace and style, which he has been applying for the last few years. A successful style but one that I can't possibly see working against a taller man.

He usually paws his jab at his smaller opponents with the occasional power jab to back them off. He keeps his stance high and uses his legs for defense. When the smaller opponents swings, he backs off slightly and they hit his shoulder at best. This can't possibly work against a 6'7 guy. Now Wlad in his younger years, has shown a more versatile style by moving around a lot more and wasting more energy. Thus the KO losses to Purrity Brewster out of exhaustion. He may need to go back to that, just for this fight.

Anyway, this question is purely Academic, as I think Wlad will win by KO.

Comment

i think wach's going to be way too big to get out of the way of the righ thand when wladimir decides he can land it and actually throws the thing.

i've only seen wach fight once or twice, so i can't be completely confident, but i think we'll see wladimir throwing the big right hand earlier when he finds out how available a huge man like wach is

wach looks ready, though. i'm expecting a fun fight, actually.

contrary to the likely perception, i love to watch wladimir operate. he's one of the two or three best pure boxers on the planet in terms of his skills and as a stylist.

Comment

how big is the ring, curiously?

i'm guessing it won't matter, but wach will be tough to tie up. wladimir usually just drapes a shoulder over a guy and walks him to the ropes. wach's too big for that. i'd guess that wladimir spends a lot of time using every bit of the ring

Comment

Look at the way Wlad is preparing for this fight, in this video:

No head movement, just straight punches. He seems to preparing just like he does for all the other smaller opponents. Standard procedure as if to say, "Just another day at the office", "nothing to see here folks".

Unless he is secretly working on a Floyd-esque shoulder roll, his defense looks weak in terms of facing a taller guy. I'm assuming that the punches coming from Wach will be on his eye level. So a straight punch from Wach will travel straight towards his chin. You can't simply back out the way or evade it with a pawing jab. He would have to slip and duck under those punches, I'm presuming. Or maybe Wach just sucks that badly that it won't matter.

Or maybe Wlad is like Cotto. Cotto looks slow as **** during training camp footage, but seems to pick up the pace in actual fights.

Comment

Wach doesn't fight to his full height. He kinda hunches over. Wlad might look taller in the ring.

Comment

Wach is complete ****. All of the people saying he posses a threat now will be saying what a bum he is after the fight. Go look him up on youtube, this guy is one of the worst wlad has fought in a while and that is saying something.

Comment

Working...
                    X