Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's assume (or pretend) that Pacquiao is NOT on steroids....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's assume (or pretend) that Pacquiao is NOT on steroids....

The WADA/USADA testing requires that the fighters submit the list of protein shakes, supplements, creatine, herbs, Amino acids, etc that they are taking. Even if you are taking perfectly legal and acceptable supplements or medication, you are asked to disclose them.

As seen in this video:

http://www.usada.org/resources/usada...mpleCollection

So, Ariza's "special blend" - even if perfectly legal - would become publicized. That would also be a problem for Manny because Ariza has said that "Manny doesn't know what he takes".

This requirement stems from the incidents where track athletes had gotten prescriptions for a stimulant called modafinil. This drug is normally used to treat narcolepsy. Kelli White, among others, were on this drug and it was part of the BALCO cocktail.

So, while Manny's supplement regimen may be perfectly legal, his team may not want his nutrient program to become public, and he may not want to fight without it. Nobody can deny that Pac's performance has been attributable to Ariza's training and dietary supplementation. Pac and Roach have given Alex credit.

The other component of the testing that may disturb Manny is the establishment of a 'baseline' blood analysis. We know, for example, that Shane's hematocrit level rose suspiciously high in the weeks before the Delahoya fight.

We all know there is something shady going on in the Pac camp.

At this point, I'd be shocked if he wasn't on some kind of performance enhancers.

But hey, if you ain't cheating, you ain't trying.

Comment

Originally posted by The Impaler View Post
      We all know there is something shady going on in the Pac camp.

At this point, I'd be shocked if he wasn't on some kind of performance enhancers.

But hey, if you ain't cheating, you ain't trying.
      But even if Pac was NOT taking illegal drugs, wouldn't that be a legitimate reason for him to refuse participation? He doesn't want to reveal his secret (legal) recipe?

Comment

Even if Ariza's special blend is legal and was publicized, Teri Tom's regiment is custom tailored to the fighter's metabolism rate, height, weight, and other physical and bodily specifications.

Comment

Originally posted by And Still View Post
          But even if Pac was NOT taking illegal drugs, wouldn't that be a legitimate reason for him to refuse participation? He doesn't want to reveal his secret (legal) recipe?
          Pacquiao turned down $40M so he doesn't have to disclose a legal mix?

Ariza would be selling that "special blend" to the highest bidder if it was worth $40M to keep it a secret. That is, if it was in fact "legal"...

Comment

Floyd is fighting Mosley in less than 3 weeks.

Comment

I thought Ariza said what his special blend was after he came under fire for the quote you referenced

Comment

Originally posted by MurderDeathKill View Post
                Floyd is fighting Mosley in less than 3 weeks.
                That has absolutely nothing to do with this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
                  That has absolutely nothing to do with this thread.
                  I keep telling you this; please stick to ignoring me kid.

Comment

Originally posted by snd_dsigner_dan View Post
                    Even if Ariza's special blend is legal and was publicized, Teri Tom's regiment is custom tailored to the fighter's metabolism rate, height, weight, and other physical and bodily specifications.
                    I thought Ariza said it was his own special blend?

And how the hell do you tailor something to somebody's height and weight?

Comment

Working...
                    X