Why haven't Sturm and Martinez fought?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
    What's the reason given? Sturm would give him a good fight too
    Cause Sturm is too comfortable in Germany doing what ODLH did to him in the states.

Comment

Originally posted by THE ИATAS View Post
      Cuz sturm fights bums in germany for lots of money.
      Sturm knows what would happen, I do remember an interview where Sturm said, “That would be a fight we’d love to do. The American fans still remember me from my fight against Oscar de la Hoya. Sergio Martinez is the man to beat right now. He clearly beat Paul Williams and Kelly Pavlik. To be the undisputed middleweight champion, you have to defeat Martinez. I’d love this fight,” Sturm said.

Doesn't Sturm promote his own fights?

Comment

Originally posted by iBreakbeat View Post
        From this fight he lost tonight we can see why he never fought Martinez.
        Sturm lost tonight?

Comment

Originally posted by Devils Advocate View Post
          Sturm lost tonight?
          He sure did... AND A DECISION TOO!

Comment

Why haven't they fought?? Cuz Sturm would've gotten pulverized lol

Comment

Because Martinez would beat the crap out of Sturm, and nobody in Germany wants to see that.

Comment

well...this was a great thread, great discussion, well done.

mods, can we close this thread now...

Comment

Martinez would have shut him out then KNOCKED HIM OUT in the Middle or Late Rounds

Comment

What's the reason given? Sturm would give him a good fight too
                    The reason is that Sturm doesn't fight fighters who having punching power...

He always says he wants to fight the best but in the end... he said this fight today was the fight of his life. If he really wants to fight at 160 he should have probably declared Martinez as the fight of his life

Comment

Barker was competitive using a high guard and boxing, Macklin was competitive... Sturm is no worse than those two.
                      Dizzy wasn't very competitive with a high guard and a Jab.

I think Martinez rises to the occasion and would have shown up big time and ***** on Sturm badly

Comment

Working...
                      X