Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cotto's performance vs Pac's performance against Margo (Compubox stats)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Both guys got roughed up a bit.

Manny obviously has a bigger motor.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Rizzle View Post
      so now we're evaluating performances based solely on compubox stats?

sounds like something jim lampley would do

BANG, BANG, BANG

you see that? three punches thrown, three punches landed, one man prevailed as the supreme, super duper diamond kingpin powerhouse

no other human is capable of such a staggering connect percentage
      Of course not. But it's the most objective measure we have in boxing. If we have to compare, I think it's fair to start there.

Unless there is a "swell-meter", or a "move-meter", or a "agressiveness-meter", "heart-meter".

Like Slyboots said, Pac thre more and landed more. And he seems to value that more than not getting hit.

You can disagree without demeaning the most objective standard we have in boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Casual_Fan View Post
        Of course not. But it's the most objective measure we have in boxing. If we have to compare, I think it's fair to start there.

Unless there is a "swell-meter", or a "move-meter", or a "agressiveness-meter", "heart-meter".

Like Slyboots said, Pac thre more and landed more. And he seems to value that more than not getting hit.

You can disagree without demeaning the most objective standard we have in boxing.
        give me a break down of a calzaghe fight, ANY fight, cross reference that with a common opponent, tell me how the stats differ from what your eyes tell you.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Rizzle View Post
          give me a break down of a calzaghe fight, ANY fight, cross reference that with a common opponent, tell me how the stats differ from what your eyes tell you.
          Ah, Calz... his pats hurt. So I guess they should be counted as punches.

His slaps looked ugly as hell but they were effective.

Comment

Originally posted by Slyboots View Post
            Pac landed 111 more shots, and that was just the first 9 rounds. I'd say that heavily outweighs getting hit 40 less times and I'd constitute that as a boxing clinic.

I know you can argue what the term "boxing clinic" is, but IMO, Pac put on the better one.
            I'm Puerto Rican and a huge Cotto fan...and I agree with that.

To the TS, I made a mega-post on the Cotto-Margarito fight, lemme see if I can find it. All in all, I'd say Mosley put on the most dominant performance against Margarito, then Pacquiao, then Cotto.

Any other perspective isn't really debatable. Mosley smacked Margarito around like a rag doll en route to a clean, non-controversial, justified TKO. Margarito NEVER had a single moment in that fight.

Pacquiao put on the most vicious beatdown because it went a full 12, masochistic rounds. However, even with Pacquiao's incredible performance, he had some rough spots in there.

Cotto still made Margarito look amateurish and boxed him en route to a 10th round TKO in what was a controversial stoppage that had some circles debating whether it should've been stopped or not. It was dominant, but nowhere near the former two.

Just my two cents.

Originally posted by Slyboots View Post
            NO. WE WILL SIT HERE AND ARGUE ABOUT THE DEFINITION OF A BOXING CLINIC.

Ok, here's my definition: A boxing clinic is where boxers go to treat their wounds.
            LMFAO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TintaBoricua View Post
              I'm Puerto Rican and a huge Cotto fan...and I agree with that.

To the TS, I made a mega-post on the Cotto-Margarito fight, lemme see if I can find it. All in all, I'd say Mosley put on the most dominant performance against Margarito, then Pacquiao, then Cotto.

Any other perspective isn't really debatable. Mosley smacked Margarito around like a rag doll en route to a clean, non-controversial, justified TKO. Margarito NEVER had a single moment in that fight.

Pacquiao put on the most vicious beatdown because it went a full 12, masochistic rounds. However, even with Pacquiao's incredible performance, he had some rough spots in there.

Cotto still made Margarito look amateurish and boxed him en route to a 10th round TKO in what was a controversial stoppage that had some circles debating whether it should've been stopped or not. It was dominant, but nowhere near the former two.

Just my two cents.

LMFAO!!!

I think its almost par with Paul Williams win vs Margo.

Only because PW almost got KO'd in the 11th.

And Cotto actually threw hard shots

Comment

FFS, let's compare Cotto/Margs I vs Cotto/Margs II

Over 9 rounds, total punches:

Cotto/Marg I

Cotto - 250 / 582 (43%)
                Margo - 218 / 841 (26%)

Cotto/Marg II

Cotto - 210 / 493 (43%)
                Margo - 157 / 700 (22%)

I think that numbers show that even though Margo tried to establish the tempo of the fight with constant pressure, he couldn't unload. Cotto threw about 10 punches per round less in the second fight, while maintaining the same connect percentage. Meanwhile Margo threw about 16 less punches per round, while dropping his connect percentage 4 points.

Pedro's tactics worked.

[made new thread about these numbers]
                Last edited by Casual_Fan; 12-07-2011, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X