No announcement yet.

pacquiao's footwork is getting overrated to hell

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post
    Really man we are wasting our time as these guys have agendas that are so blatant and obvious. It really doesn't matter as the real unbiased insiders of the sport know what's up.

I just find it hilarious that Manny has fooled everyone into giving him awards, accolades and praises he doesn't deserve, according to the experts on NSB.

I mean these organizations have been around for decades and some of these experts have been around the sport for 40-50 plus years....yet Manny has tricked them and they don't know **** about boxing....smh
    You know 90% of these awards are political. Boxing isn't a meritocracy like organized sports are.

If you generate money and have hbo backing, you can leapfrog fighters that are better than you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Subtraction View Post
      Its ok to praise him but you have to be realistic.

- He only fights comeforward types since JMM

- He clearly avoids boxers

- he clearly avoids boxers from other promoters

- if you have cement feet, little defense, like to slug and are with Top Rank, Manny wants you.

Not to mention all the catchweights. Don't get me wrong, he's having a lot of success but its not hard to see why if you take a critical look at it. Him being a good boxer has very little to do with it in the final equation.
      oi stupid, ur forgetting cotto

Comment

Come on man, you know its because he's been matched up against guys with cement feet.

The marquez rematch wasn't THAT long ago.

No offense but I rarely respond to your comments on Manny because I know your hate is from him not facing Marquez. It's cool and if I were a Marquez fan I would be upset as well.

Comment

You know 90% of these awards are political. Boxing isn't a meritocracy like organized sports are.

If you generate money and have hbo backing, you can leapfrog fighters that are better than you.
          BWAA is not political but it's no point of even arguing as I understand why you are hating the way you are.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post
            No offense but I rarely respond to your comments on Manny because I know your hate is from him not facing Marquez. It's cool and if I were a Marquez fan I would be upset as well.
            it's because pacquiao beat on margarito and khan beat on maidana, so he hates on the roach camp basically

Comment

- if you have cement feet, little defense, like to slug and are with Top Rank, Manny wants you.

Not to mention all the catchweights. Don't get me wrong, he's having a lot of success but its not hard to see why if you take a critical look at it. Him being a good boxer has very little to do with it in the final equation.
              What about the catchweights? Cotto was 146 for his fight right before Pac, he only had to lose 1 lb, sure that made a world of difference and Margarito was the benefactor of that CW, he was in the best shape of his career and had a huge in-ring weight advantage over Manny. He didn't have to cut 3 extra lbs to make welter like he normally did.

Since when was Clottey a come forward boxer? Dude is one of the best defensive counter-punchers in the business. Cotto is a boxer/puncher who has severely underrated overall skill- good technique and his footwork is pretty damn good himself. DLH is/was a pure boxer with a great jab and hook. The only real come-forward fighters were Hatton and Margarito and Pac fought well countering and going backwards. Manny has whacked plenty of pure boxers/slick fighters in his day:

And Manny has grown exponentially as an overall fighter since then ^

There are no pure boxers/slick fighters who aren't on vacation for him to fight (unless you count Marquez who is 2 divisions lower).

Comment

• Originally posted by Needles View Post
                you are missing the point, was de la hoya in any way shape or form about as quick or at least had the decent speed manny to deal with? he was able to turn and work oscar around due to him being a smaller fighter and oscar being a much much slower fighter. were they impressive? arguably yes, to most casual fans but like i said, put him in there with a fighter who can keep up with speed and he wouldnt look that impressive.

hatton tried to brawl but he accomplished something oscar should have done and that is to keep up with manny. all of a sudden, manny's clinching, holding, on the ropes and he wasnt able to turn hatton like de la hoya did. hatton fought like his usual self and exposed his usual flaws which manny capitalized on. He didn't effectively use footwork to win this fight, he used ricky's agreesiveness to win the fight.

again, cotto is a forward stationary fighter. you can run circles around this guy if you have the speed and can look good doing so. The problem is when your opponent is much slower, everything you do is magnified and compared to your opponents speed.
                all points noted, sir. But I thought this thread is about Pacs' footwork not on how his opponents fought or should have fought him. Anyhow, thanks for the view.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThePrince View Post
                  What about the catchweights? Cotto was 146 for his fight right before Pac, he only had to lose 1 lb, sure that made a world of difference and Margarito was the benefactor of that CW, he was in the best shape of his career and had a huge in-ring weight advantage over Manny. He didn't have to cut 3 extra lbs to make welter like he normally did.

Since when was Clottey a come forward boxer? Dude is one of the best defensive counter-punchers in the business. Cotto is a boxer/puncher who has severely underrated overall skill- good technique and his footwork is pretty damn good himself. DLH is/was a pure boxer with a great jab and hook. The only real come-forward fighters were Hatton and Margarito and Pac fought well countering and going backwards. Manny has whacked plenty of pure boxers/slick fighters in his day:

And Manny has grown exponentially as an overall fighter since then ^

There are no pure boxers/slick fighters who aren't on vacation for him to fight (unless you count Marquez who is 2 divisions lower).
                  and you still wont post any vids from the JMM fight. bwahaha. i wonder why

Comment

• Originally posted by Ko King 212 View Post
                    You 2 finish with y'all circle jerk.
                    I like how you love quoted me in each thread. Just can't get enough can you?

Comment

I am homie. I ain't saying dude is the most talented boxer everr or the G.O.A.T. I just don't agree with the thread title. I don't think the guys footwork is overrated to hell. And many experts/trainers/boxers/athletes have stated that it's actually one of his best attributes.

Originally posted by Subtraction View Post

You are calling Cotto/Clottey comeforward type fighters? Before Pacquiao these weren't punching bags..

Are you forgetting Mannys entire career? He fought the best and basically established his legend in the lower weights. Marquez/Barrera/Morales.. Before that took out Sasakul/Ledwaba. None of the fighters were straight up come forward fighters.

Avoids boxers from other promoters? You act like Manny is the only fighting mostly in-house fights.

Floyds last 4 fights were promoted by GBP
                      Mannys last 5 fights. 3 were TR and 2 were GBP

Manny makes fighters look like they have cement feet.. It's no coincidence that most the fighters that Manny fought have never taken a beating until facing Manny or considered bums after the fact.

[/QUOTE]

Originally posted by Subtraction View Post
                      I don't think Manny even needed those stupid catchweights, but it's Team Pacquiao just playing stupid mind games.

Be real though..

All the catchweights? He has two catchweight fights... 1) Cotto 2) Marg.

Cotto was one pound (145 vs Manny) under his previous fight(146 vs Clottey).. and looked in great condition.. esp. the first two rounds. After Manny figured him out.. Cotto was on the run.

Marg. fight was at 150 .. Marg. being a career 147 for the most part actually benefited Tony more than it did Pacquiao (Robert Garcia stated the same). Manny didn't even hit 147 (144) for the weigh-in...

Both Team Cotto/Team Marg... did not even make excuses and basically conceded to Manny being a great fighter.

I ain't with that catchweight/Title BS either, but at the end of the day... It would not change the outcome of either fight..

Comment

Working...
                      X