No announcement yet.

Exercise question...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exercise question...

Now this may sound a pretty stupid & basic question but basically I want to lose quite a bit of weight and tone up also.

My question is...should I concentrate on losing the weight first? Should I be concentrating solely on cardio exercises if so what sort of exercise routine would guys recommend?

Or should I be doing a mix of cardio & weights?

Apologies if this comes across as stupid but I'm just looking at the best way to begin and achieve my goals.

Originally posted by P4P_No1 View Post
    Now this may sound a pretty stupid & basic question but basically I want to lose quite a bit of weight and tone up also.

My question is...should I concentrate on losing the weight first? Should I be concentrating solely on cardio exercises if so what sort of exercise routine would guys recommend?

Or should I be doing a mix of cardio & weights?

Apologies if this comes across as stupid but I'm just looking at the best way to begin and achieve my goals.
    I just lost 5 kg (11-12 lbs) over 3 months, plan to drop extra 5-7.

My advice for 3-6 motnhs:
    0. Relax, do not focus on the end result, do not stress yourself
    1. have fun in the gym, as long as you do something regularly for 1-1.5 hours several times a week
    2. more cardio first, also work on joints like knee, ankle, etc
    3. vary exercises, do whatever, as long as it keeps you not getting bored

Comment

Do both for best results, but truthfully you could do either or. Most importantly to weight loss is restricting you caloric intake. If you burn more calories than you are eating, you'll lose weight, regardless if you are exercising or not.

Comment

Appreciate it boys

Comment

Calories in and out is all it takes, get a good deal of protein and lift weights and do cardio.

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

Comment

Hey guys,Exercises are the best source of the fitness because exercises bring the flexibility in the body and so good to loss weight.Exercises burn the fat more effectively and control the cholesterol level which lead to healthy heart...

Comment

Exercise is really important even if you are absolutely fit and smart it keeps us active and refresh your mind human body always needs some physical activity it will be more beneficial for the body consume the extra calories.....
              Last edited by Abbott123; 08-17-2013, 04:53 AM.

Comment

Here is my best advice if you need a diet plan i can go more in depth later... All good post and everyone has had great points... My best advice is "Lift Freaking Heavy" its the only way to go i am just figuring that out now... Now some basic stuff drink water, no pop, and "NO BREAD" look into the paleo diet its the new thing and it works really good for combat athletes. Your gonna need energy i mean have some pasta now and then but no bread absolutely no bread... I think an ideal breakfeast in oatmeal and spinach.. I am just throwing out random stuff now but look into paleo diet and really follow the diet you should be good and if you have the money organic.. take it easy and good luck with your training.

Comment

Working...
                X