No announcement yet.

Wards hbo commentary

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wards hbo commentary

a similar thread may have been made but am I the only one who thinks ward should not be working for hbo during fights? he is just awful he does educate at times I just think its time to try someone new

Originally posted by NatiKid View Post
    a similar thread may have been made but am I the only one who thinks ward should not be working for hbo during fights? he is just awful he does educate at times I just think its time to try someone new
    I agree, the public wants entertainment, not education with all respect to Ward

I remember George Foreman liked to educate a lot and teach fighters what they should do as if they could hear him. BUT, George with all respect was telling wrong stuff quite often, so it was hilarious unlike Wards lecturing

Comment

Mike Tyson. The guy knows his boxing and people would tune in just for him.

Comment

I dont know about completely kicking him off, but I'd like to see him not commentate on fights that pertain to him (his opponents, division, etc).

I don't even feel like he gave much insight during the fight. He didn't really speak of anything technical, and his most noteworthy comment was....Kessler's defense has improved. When asked how it has improved, he replied with saying he can't put his finger on it, but he's just not getting hit as much. Child please.

Comment

I like Ward and Roy but Tyson would be awesome

Comment

Originally posted by NVSemin View Post
            I agree, the public wants entertainment, not education with all respect to Ward

I remember George Foreman liked to educate a lot and teach fighters what they should do as if they could hear him. BUT, George with all respect was telling wrong stuff quite often, so it was hilarious unlike Wards lecturing

I don't feel their is anything wrong with giving insight/ knowledge. Malignaggi is good at this IMO, and making it entertaining and not just dry stuff. I guess its how its done, or to each their own

Comment

1st thing I tune in for are the fights. Having a man that knows boxing explain things is a bonus, but that's just how I see it personally.

Comment

Working...
              X