Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Haye: Vitali Slowed Down, I Can Knock Him Out!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HooksInYou View Post
    35 is very much post-prime. Think Jones, Ali, Tyson, etc.
    Jones is not heavyweight.

Ali was old because 50 years ago people aged faster and additionally Ali was ill.

Tyson was not old but was simply too small in a an era that (exactly at that time) made a switch from cruisery fighters to modern heavyweights.

The thirties are the prime of heavyweights.

Comment

• Originally posted by HooksInYou View Post
      Haye Agreed To Vitali Klitschko Deal, Then Vanished
      http://www.boxingscene.com/haye-agre...anished--21171

Haye pulled out against a 37 or 38-year-old Vitali and comes back in the year he is turning 42. What a warrior.

Let's not forget Haye has ruled out fighting Price, Fury, Arreola, and Charr. Nobody at this point in time is ducking more people in the heavyweight division than Haye.
      Haha Who?? Arreola who fights on ESPN or Charr who last time out fought against a club-level fighter. Hmm.. Great analysis there homeboy

Comment

• Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
        now he wants Vit since he's old? what a bitch
        http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=452959

Comment

• Originally posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
          Bute and Pascal were career SMW's when Froch fought them.

Abraham is a two-weight titlist, has now snagged himself a paper title from a pure SMW in Stieglitz. he's no worse an opponent at SMW than a lot of the fellows you named for Mikkel.

Taylor's talent and pedigree and status as a former true MW champion puts him above most Kessler opponents. he had the size to compete at SMW, was still within his prime age when Froch fought him (many felt Taylor should have gotten the nod in his rematch with Pavlik a year before) and was more than capable of winning a SMW strap if he'd fought the kind of opposition that a Sartison or a Beyer or a Siaca or a Mundine fought for theirs.

from what i've seen, press row appears to be divided on the Froch-Kessler fight. rhetoric aside, i'm willing to concede that it could conceivably have been interpreted either way and that home advantage was a key factor, but most Kessler diehards seem to want to claim it as a clear and decisive victory for their man, which it certainly wasn't.

Froch is better now than he was then, Kessler is possibly more vulnerable. that, in a nutshell, is why i feel Froch will stop him.
          Anyways, we're about to find out. From what i'm hearing, an announcement is about to be made from both promoters. Let's have it.

Comment

• Haye-Vitali will be a superfight due to how poor the HW division is right now.

HW boxing needs this fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrew5550 View Post

Yeah I guess that must be why. I used to live in the US, and nobody gave a crap about boxing, period. Haye, Klitsckho, Pac man, mayweather. Only boxing sites report about these guys, unless there's a huge fight coming up. Guess that's because you don't have anyone relevant in the HW division. *PS, by the way you comment sometimes, I very much doubt you actually read the paper.
              I just think that its absolutely amusing that you are informing us about the popularity of Haye and your proof is that you read about him in British newspapers. Wow, what a revelation! And the fact that he has any fans left just proves to me that he is nothing more than a world class conman. By the way aren't you the one that claimed that before the Haye fight none of Wlad's fights were shown in the USA? If so, and you have any doubts about how much I read, I will debate current events with you at anytime. Because something tells me that it would be rather easy and I wouldn't even break a sweat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravens Fan View Post
                I just think that its absolutely amusing that you are informing us about the popularity of Haye and your proof is that you read about him in British newspapers. Wow, what a revelation! And the fact that he has any fans left just proves to me that he is nothing more than a world class conman. By the way aren't you the one that claimed that before the Haye fight none of Wlad's fights were shown in the USA? If so, and you have any doubts about how much I read, I will debate current events with you at anytime. Because something tells me that it would be rather easy and I wouldn't even break a sweat.
                How much credit do you give Haye for avenging Vitali's honor in knocking out Chisora?

Remember Chisora slapped Vitali? And spat on Wlad's face (than bizarrely Wlad licked it off)

Comment

• I'm always annoyed when someone wants a fight and gives a reason like this on why they can win. So basically you are saying you couldn't win before?

Comment

• Originally posted by Skittlez View Post
                    How much credit do you give Haye for avenging Vitali's honor in knocking out Chisora?

Remember Chisora slapped Vitali? And spat on Wlad's face (than bizarrely Wlad licked it off)
                    I give Haye about as much credit as any fighter deserves for beating a fighter that gets to much credit for losing to an overrated Fury and than winning a couple of rounds against an ancient Vitali. The only thing that the Chisora-Helenius fight proved to me is the fact that the Nordic Nightmare is also overrated as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravens Fan View Post
                      I give Haye about as much credit as any fighter deserves for beating a fighter that gets to much credit for losing to an overrated Fury and than winning a couple of rounds against an ancient Vitali. The only thing that the Chisora-Helenius fight proved to me is the fact that the Nordic Nightmare is also overrated as well.
                      Helenius is over rated?
                      Fury is over rated?
                      Haye is overrated?
                      Povetkin is overrated?

So basically what you are saying according to all your posts is

outside of K2- This era is ****.

Comment

Working...
                      X