Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Cove

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why was the "cove" such a heart break documentary but wen southpark make fun of it its funny? naive people only throw a fit wen greedy americans throw a fit. were was the "cove" cretors when south park did this? oh wait thy were porobably laughin their ass off!

Comment

Originally posted by Nukes View Post
      i think the consept is stupid why mak e fun of poor japanese fishermen when we americans kill cows and chikens and pigs all the time for food? why are dolphin and whale put on a high pedestool? i think it was made just to have another reason for americas to hate japan.
      I agree with this guy. I'm gonna watch it now and if my opinion changes after watching i'll post in this thread.

Comment

I saw the documentary when it debuted, and honestly, it didn't even move me. Yeah, sucks for the dolphins, but I eat chicken like it's going out of style, so to feign outrage would be hypocritical.

Different cultures eat different things - It's not that big a deal once you get past your precious little Western sensibilities and realize the world is a vast sphere of amazingly diverse cultures.

The only people who really care about this kind of thing are liberal hipster vegan f@ggots, anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
          I saw the documentary when it debuted, and honestly, it didn't even move me. Yeah, sucks for the dolphins, but I eat chicken like it's going out of style, so to feign outrage would be hypocritical.

Different cultures eat different things - It's not that big a deal once you get past your precious little Western sensibilities and realize the world is a vast sphere of amazingly diverse cultures.

The only people who really care about this kind of thing are liberal hipster vegan f@ggots, anyway.
          most of the japanese don't even eat it.

it's not like they're killing tens of thousands of dolphins every year.

just read up on it right now , since i got interested.

i think this one place in japan is the only place that hunts dolphins this way.

Comment

On the other hand : The misanthropic side of my personality definitely agrees with Hoff on the basis of mankind just ****ing everything up for the most part. I recognize our potential, but those of us who actually reach that potential and actually contribute something worthwhile are few and far between. Most of us just take up space and consume resources from the time we're born until the time we die.

And the whole "top of the food chain" thing is totally ****ing bogus because mankind removed itself from the food chain millions of years ago when we first invented shelter. Were it not for that, we'd have been extinct as a species long ago.

But we're not, so now we basically get to remove ourselves from the natural order, sit atop the mountain, and pick and choose what lives and what dies for the most part while we do the only things we really excel at : Consume resources, and overpopulate the planet.

Comment

Originally posted by Nukes View Post
              did u know pigs are intellegent to? in fact i believe they are more intelegent than dolphins yet japanese doesnt care. i dont need to watch the documentaruy to understand how stupid the concept of it is . so what if they kill their own food good for them they know how to survive in rough conditons.

After humans, dolphins are the second most intelligent creatures on earth.

The main reason why they round up all these dolphins is to sell only a small few to marine parks across the world for $150,000 each.

The next day they herd all the dolphins into the cove and unnecessarily all kill of them. Why don't they let they at least let some of them go? They don't need to kill all of the dolphins.

Plus the dolphin meat has very high levels of mercury so it's unsafe to eat in the first place and there isn't a big market in Japan for dolphin meat.

Comment

Originally posted by the Usurper View Post
                most of the japanese don't even eat it.

it's not like they're killing tens of thousands of dolphins every year.

just read up on it right now , since i got interested.

i think this one place in japan is the only place that hunts dolphins this way.
                Yes they are. 23,000 dolphins get killed each year.

Comment

Originally posted by ??? View Post
                  Yes they are. 23,000 dolphins get killed each year.
                  if there's 23,000 dolphins killed each year...... in that one town.....

then they can't be endangered.

Comment

if there's 23,000 dolphins killed each year...... in that one town.....

then they can't be endangered.

Seriously, you are missing the point.

Comment

doesn't matter how humane or kindly they do it.
                      So you don't mind seeing an animal suffer unnecessarily and acts of cruelty towards animals don't bother you, right? If they're gonna die it doesn't matter how they die?

I don't claim to be an expert but it seems pretty obvious that there are more humane ways to kill them than driving them into a cove by confusing them and putting them into a state of panic then bashing them with clubs or stabbing them repeatedly to death.

Comment

Working...
                      X