No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DuBoef Hoping To Finalize The Rios vs Gamboa Showdown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: DuBoef Hoping To Finalize The Rios vs Gamboa Showdown

BoxingScene.com caught up with Todd DuBoef at Saturday's open workout for Nonito Donaire. The "Filipino Flash" faces Wilfredo Vazquez Jr. next Saturday at the Alamodome in San Antonio, Texas for the vacant WBO super bantamweight title.

[Click Here To Read More]

Hopefully this fight goes down in april!

Comment

Good fight and with Rios struggling to make 135 I think its a good idea to do it asap.

Comment

Well I guess that's that for Gamboa...I got rios on this one

Comment

Dude can't be found when talking about manny/Floyd. Lol

I'm curious other then style clash why people are thirsty to see this fight. They are 2(dam near 3 weight divs. apart). They need to make donaire/ Gamboa and alvarodo/ Rios.

Comment

Epic match-up.

Please let this fight happen.

Comment

Please make this happen. Gamboa has much more to lose though. If Rios loses, he's still only like 25 and could easily move up to 140 and 147 to make more noise in his career. Gamboa, I am not sure he'll go any higher in weight than 135, and he's already 30. If Gamboa loses, his career will take a hit that he may not be able to recover in time, given that he's 30 already.

With that said, I got Gamboa by UD in this one. Great fight though, and Rios has a great chance of winning, as long as he doesn't drain himself making 135, and can make weight successfully.

Comment

Great fight. Anybody who ****s on this matchup is just being an @sshole.

Comment

Cuba needs to change their laws because when these former amateurs finally turn Pro, they are already much older. Rigo and Gamboa are 30 and 31. For someone to have to defect simply because they are not allowed to travel and turn Pro is a travesty. If those laws were not in place, some of these fighters could turn pro at 22. Inagine being great at something and being told you can't make money at it. Casamayor when he was winning in the amateurs was given a Bicycle by the government and yet could barely feed his family and traded it for a Pig.

Comment

Either Rios is going to wear down Gamboa systematically and stop him late or Gamboa is going to move in and out and pot shot Rios to a decision. If Gamboa engages in close, it is a big mistake. If Rios follows Gamboa around the ring instead of cutting it off, big mistake. Rios can make some mistakes but there is little room for error for Gamboa. If Gamboa gets hit clean too much, it is bye bye.

Comment

Working...
                    X