Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best post I have ever seen on Pac-Floyd. Read this PM I got.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okok, take out the name callin I did about Floyd. That was childish, But the points I made, that's how I feel about him. I wish I could like Floyd, I really do, I respect his skills no doubt. But the way be handles himself .. Nah no so much.

Comment

Originally posted by bayareamike View Post
      Okok, take out the name callin I did about Floyd. That was childish, But the points I made, that's how I feel about him. I wish I could like Floyd, I really do, I respect his skills no doubt. But the way be handles himself .. Nah no so much.
      Yeah hes a prick thats certain. We can all agree on that. But in the ring hes a genius.

Comment

excellent read. had to whip out my dictionary at times as well. reread sentences to make sure i understood.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
          From Anonymous Poster:

Bear with me on this message, it's in 2 parts,

"The praise and worship these guys gave made me uncomfortable. It was truly pathetic. The "Bang, Bang " topped it off. Kellerman, Lederman, Lampley and Steward slobbed him for 36 minutes straight no breaks to breathe.

Mayweather knows how beloved Pac is and hes aware of the high horse hes been placed on by these commentators and writers. If he can ever get this guy to sign the contract he is going to piss on every thing he stands for. The more you guys hype up Pac as this unstoppable force who is as great as Ali and Armstrong the better Floyd will look when he dominates him and makes it look easy."

Right on for that, especially the bolds.

"I like Pac, he's a damn excellent fighter, but the activistic hype train and the whole myth the sports media and Pacquiao boosters are building (and partially succeeding in brainwashing the public with) of Manny as this machine, this force of nature who can tear through anything, who always has and always will take on bigger men and the biggest challenges, is a sorry promotional shuck. It's a husk, empty.

Pac's 'dominance' against Clottey is quite the illusion, in terms of convincing people what he could do to Mayweather Jr. All anyone with a clue has to do is visualize PBF in front of him in place of Clottey, Floyd's movement in place of Josh's in-the-line-of-fire, passive defence, his control of range, his ability to mix up outside work with inside work at the right times, his time-countering when Pac darts in and lets his hands go, plus factor in that Floyd is becoming a more willfully mobile fighter than he's ever been in a career reknowned for (for evidence, see his exhibition of fleetfootedness against Marquez, a smaller opponent whom he didn't need to be near as mobile against, whom he could've easily stood in with at any time if he'd seen fit) - and then the illusion is pulled away...Pac looks just that lil' bit slower and a hell of a LOT clumsier and graceless.
          And for anyone who argues that he was stunned by Chop-Chop, slightly troubled for 3 rounds against Zab, you just factor in the learned experience from those fights combined with his awareness of whom he's fighting. Floyd will be tack-sharp, he will respect Pacquiao's ability to hurt in ways he didn't respect Judah's and certainly didn't respect Corley's - as time has moved on and his seat among boxing's major players (and the $$$ that come with it) has been secured and cemented, Floyd has become even more devout in his belief in the sanctity of not shipping a single blow more than he has to over the 'pleasure' of the 'fans', so he won't be engaging for fun just to give punters bang for their buck, as he did in spells against Chop. He will handle Pacquiao with a lot more care in the early going than he did Zab, the extent of whose ability he knew well before fighting him.
          All of this adds up to a progressive clinic (and not impossible stoppage) in Mayweather's favor.

So you've got people believing this screed about how much more amazing Pacquiao performs with each fight, even moreso with this fight in which the performance was actually *less* impressive than what he achieved against Cotto - how the hell isn't Pac gonna rain punches on a guy who throws less per round than the welter average and doesn't have a big, concussive punch to slow him down with? If Clottey hit like Abraham pound for pound, he might have had a hope. In reality, I never saw a fight look so much like I visualized it in my mind as that one did.

And what's more, if you actually watch closely, it ain't *quite* the whitewash they'd have you believe.
          Sure, I'd score it for Pac, as Josh spent just *too much* time in the shell -- as is always his hamartia when he steps his comp up to top level -- to score it for him. BUT, Pac landed very few of his headshots, the very vast majority being effectively blocked. Some of the body work got through strong and warranted being scored, while a great deal found elbows, but was hardly the stuff of a clinical, pinpointedly timed and placed, surgeon-like body-breakdown operation a la Mayweather...it was comparatively crude by those standards. And very worth noting is that all the clean effective punching up top came from Clottey. If you watch closely, you can easily score him a share of the rounds if you aren't judging with a partiality to activity for its own sake. Pac will typically throw a 5, 6 punch flurry of which 1 blow might get through glancingly or without full impact, while Josh would typically reply with a clean, hard glove in Pac's face. Some rounds Josh was so overwhelmed by activity (likely combined with fatigue, which is his own failing) as to neglect to answer Pac's fire for too long spells, and those rounds were undoubtably Manny's. But other rounds could conceivably be scored for Josh if you take the view of 'accuracy/effectivity' over 'activity regardless of effectivity'.
          Neoteric judging standards frequently favor 'activity regardless of effectivity', and especially in output exremes such as this, so Clottey's bid was always doomed even if he'd replicated his most successful stanza of the fight over an entire 12. That's just the way the way it's buttered. But the fact remains, the most effective scoring work in the fight by far was his.
          Now, think of this - when the guy is making you miss altogether, and not just making, 2 things happen - the judges don't score your work, and you fatigue a lot more. All of a sudden Pac doesn't look *quite* as acutely conditioned a specimen as the superhuman marvel we saw in Dallas.

And the ultimate act of fellatio from the HBO team might not even have been the horribly contrived-on-the-spot "bang bang bang" outburst, but Lederman praising Pac as "so smart" for the simple act of...DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUNNNN...stepping around.
          Yeah, that constitutes real advanced science. Those 8 years really tought Pac everything ne needs to know.

Appalling.

Again - Pac is no joke, but the people praising him far beyond the hilt really are.
          He is not on Mayweather's level of versatility, skill and possibly even outright athleticism. Floyd will box his outsized head off if Roach and Top Rank ever dare to back up their Public Relations ass-covering, soundbite bravado and put that boy in the ring with Floyd. Floyd is going to make Pac look like an excuse of an athlete by contrast. And a lot of people will shed tears that are bitter for them but sweet tasting for those who nauseated at the propagandist activism and saw Pac's fall coming. But, of course, that won't happen. Because Top Rank/Team Pac will likely never allow their man near the boogieman Mayweather Jr. He is voodoo to them, a black magic they want no part of. The 2 fat GUYS (EDITED) in Pacquiao's ear will steer him well away. Pac won't be embarrassed like the last opponent who mocked Mayweather's moves, because the fight won't happen. Pacquiao will be continued to be Sainted, puffed up to put his biggest threat down, by the blind, the gullible and the unperceptive - while a relative few will see the whole thing for what it is. But the truth has a funny way of coming to light eventually. And some more accurate reappraisal of the closely matched virtues in both men's careers will possibly take place down the line, years, maybe decades, after both men have boxed their last.

That's not bias. That's just a perceptive observation.
          The more I see of Pac, and inversely to the prevaling swell of belief that Floyd would be wiped out, the more I see Mayweather schooling him.

Sorry for the lengthy preceding PM, but your post intrigued me enough to turn this from a short message (to replace a green karma I was unable to give) into a long one.
          Quote my comments if you see fit and say you received them anonymously. I'm strategically retired from posting at present, 'til later.

Any feedback happily received. I wouldn't actually mind starting a group of boxing fans on this forum, to which the members agree to only belong to that one social group. Not for elitism and not to back each other up in debates per se, but to create a clubhouse and a discourse area for the people who truly want to discuss and continue learning about this sport. Sorting the men from the boys, if you like."
          I must say that this is really worth the read!!!! .....this is some real ass grown ass man talk here!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post
            I must say that this is really worth the read!!!! .....this is some real ass grown ass man talk here!!!
            Yeah I wish this poster would post more on NSB. This truly was a good read. I know its late but tomorrow I cant wait to see a poster respond to this and try to break it down piece by piece.

Comment

an anonymous poster sent this to you burner? sure. which floyd ball licking blog did you copy & paste this from burner? anybody can flip the script & write a long endless delusional drivel about how much of a fake floyd mayweather is & why he has a international reputation as a scared cherry picking closet gay ducker.

why not just tell us who sent it to you?

Comment

Honestly, confidence is a great thing. But his confidence is so much that he's become the cockiest mofo you've ever met. I know he wants to entertain and draw attention but when you go to the point where someone who is on top of boxing in a lot of peoples minds and potentially ruining his reputation or putting doubt that he's a cheater is plain bull**** to me. You don't do that when you have no proof. He comes back from retirement, fights jmm, no OST demands, his daddy mentions juicin' about pacquiao, then he himself says pacs on roids, but only AFTER there's a lawsuit then he says the testing is to clean up the sport. Manny signed a contract I believe and Floyd didn't sign for a week if I remebered correctly, only to fire back with another demand. I'm sure someone in his camp knew about pacs belief about blood being drawn so close to the fight(the interview after he lost to morales). Ever since the steroid accusations you Floyd fans can't deny it is ruining his rep and putting big doubts in the fans of boxing. Even non boxing fans hear about it. Pacquiao doesn't have to prove nothin to no one.It's like a parent giving in to his spoiled little child that won't stop crying til he gets his toy or gets that candy but these are grown ass men but I guess that boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by The Hate Giver View Post
                  an anonymous poster sent this to you burner? sure. which floyd ball licking blog did you copy & paste this from burner? anybody can flip the script & write a long endless delusional drivel about how much of a fake floyd mayweather is & why he has a international reputation as a scared cherry picking closet gay ducker.

why not just tell us who sent it to you?
                  If you read the Message you will clearly see he posts on NSB and said I can quote him. He might pop up in the thread but hes a poster here.

Comment

just seems like the biased opinion of a floyd fan. nothing more.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
                      Yeah I wish this poster would post more on NSB. This truly was a good read. I know its late but tomorrow I cant wait to see a poster respond to this and try to break it down piece by piece.
                      Well to be fair it is full of biased opinions and non fact related presumptions but when someone needs that long of a post to try and make a simple point like "I think Floyd will beat Pac and commentators are licking Pac's balls", I don't feel the need to dignify it will a long debunking.

Still true, Pac is the top babyface of the boxing world, commentators are pole jocking him but Floyd is the top heel and plays his character well which is why he can sell PPVs so well as he has fans, and ppl who want to see him lose in addition to casual fans that hear word of the things he does in order for them to hear word of him and buy his fights.

Comment

Working...
                      X