No announcement yet.

Hopkins got beat by a white boy....will lightning strike twice? LOL

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mt102879 View Post
    First of all, there wouldn't be any marches....your exaggerating. Second, "never lose to a white boy" vs "never lose to a black boy" is not the same thing. You have to take the history of racism, both past and present, into consideration. Refer to Chris Rock's "Kill the Messenger" about who can say what and why. Seriously, anyone still pouting about Hopkins comment shows what a privileged life you must live considering that's probably the extent of "racism" you face.
    Mate you dont even know what your on about do you!???
    I am a true Romany Gypsy! An ethnic minority the same as a blackman and in the UK where i was born ,Gypsy people are looked on and discriminated worse than the Blacks! In fact my people have just as hard a time as blacks in your country do!in fact probably worse!,We(Gypsy's) are so hated that although it is against the Law to call us ***** Gyppo etc ( witch is the same as Calling a Blackman a Nig*er) that we still get this on a Daily basis today !
    I mean we still get pups/shops with no Gypsy's/gyppos allowed signs outside etc etc yet the law wont enforce the law!

But even though gypsy people get this type of racist discrimination ,you still wont find us on talk shows being big cry baby's and talking about our own form of slavery when Hitler killed 3 million Romany Gypsy's and took 1 million as slaves no less than just 50 years ago!
    And why cause we just get on with life!
    All i was saying is that what hopkins got away with saying is starting to get a little boring IMO ! !!!

Comment

i love b hop but i think pavlik got him

Comment

Man who gives a **** Hopkins is gonna lose.. l0l i dont want him to but he will, why because he seems to always draw the short straw... he did against Taylor the 2nd fight he did again against Calzaghe (its no way Joe shoulda won that fight).. And he will against Pavlik, the only difference is Pavlik is an actual better fighter then all three, and will beat B_hop convincingly! I hope im Wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Tengoshi View Post
          It's happened before. Minter-Hagler
          Pavlik has also made some comments about white fighters being the best in boxing right now but no one has criticized him.

It's not such a big deal and it's not like Hopkins got away with it.

Almost everyone on these forums called him a racist for those comments and many columnists insulted Hopkins for it. Hopkins had to tell everyone that it was only a part of the hype for the fight to make people calm down.

Good to see that B-Hop hasn't tried to hype the fight with Pavlik with something similar. He has been honest and respectful during the build-up for this one although it could change when the fight comes closer.
          Last edited by TheGreatA; 09-30-2008, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Hopkins is going to try to cut Pavlik with a headbutt, and then tell the referee it was caused by a punch.

He'll try his "hit and push" tactic he used in the first round on Calzaghe...

But even though Pavlik is moving up in weight, he'll still be stronger than B-Hop, and will KO the loud-mouthed ex-convict!

Comment

Hopkins should just retire a legend....his done enough....but atleast he aint gonna get a beat down like some legends who want to fight there last fight at such an old age.

Comment

Originally posted by Tunney View Post
                Hopkins is going to try to cut Pavlik with a headbutt, and then tell the referee it was caused by a punch.

He'll try his "hit and push" tactic he used in the first round on Calzaghe...

But even though Pavlik is moving up in weight, he'll still be stronger than B-Hop, and will KO the loud-mouthed ex-convict!
                Let's all watch together:

Your telling me Calzaghe wasn't going down on his own?

Oh, and you just can't resist throwing in the ex-convict comment...that's just low considering how it's something he did as a TEENAGER and has since turned his life around.

Comment

Originally posted by mt102879 View Post
                  Let's all watch together:

Your telling me Calzaghe wasn't going down on his own?

Oh, and you just can't resist throwing in the ex-convict comment...that's just low considering how it's something he did as a TEENAGER and has since turned his life around.
                  The Calzaghe knockdown was worthless because Calzaghe has got a chin. If that happens to Pavlick with his chicken legs, he's ****ed. Hopkins won't lose to another white boy, especially a hype job like Pavlik.

Comment

Pavlik is white? This is news to me.

Comment

Originally posted by dizziemarquise View Post
                      0 and 2 to white boys in his last two fights.

ye, i think he would retire, he would be to ashamed.
                      if he is 43 & put that white boy on his ass in da 1st round, landed more cleaner shots then how did he lose? guess he didnt. now u do the math...

Comment

Working...
                      X