Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jones looked great tonight, but lets not get carried away.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No. Lacy considered his career over if he lost to Jones. Taped interview before the fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by street bully View Post
      Come on. The Pavlik hype was at its peak then. People were talking about kelly probably KOing people with his jab in the future, and were making thread about him vs Hagler prime for prime, with a good percentage saying Pavlik would win. Pavlik was turning fihgter sinto rubble, and only lost to Hopkins because he could not deal with angles and a slick fighter who was better than him. Pavlik still beats all the SMW's IMO.
      His HYPE was at its peak, and I think BHop receives too much credit because of that HYPE.Now I did like Pavlik but he really just a tough guy with a strong punch nothing more nor less. The people comparing Pavlik to Hagler were the same people comparing Margarito to Hearns and Im not even going to get into what I think of most of that crowd. I won money on both the BHop-Pavlik and SSM-Margo fights because Im more interestd in money than rooting for a certain fight, I love the sport as a whole.We must interpret Wrights fight differently because I though he was walking Tito down with the jab and blocking the counters also. If we were to go on hype Lacy had that same amount of hype going into the Calzaghe fight, and even I jumped on that one from my own ignorance of Joe.
      Last edited by AKATheMack; 08-16-2009, 03:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ReppinDubK View Post
        His HYPE was at its peak, now I did like Pavlik but he really just a tough guy with a strong punch nothing more nor less. The people comparing Pavlik to Hagler were the same people comparing Margarito to Hearns and Im not even going to get into what I think of most of that crowd. I won money on both the BHop-Pavlik and SSM-Margo fights because Im more interestd in money than rooting for a certain fight, I love the sport as a whole.We must interpret Wrights fight differently because I though he was walking Tito down with the jab and blocking the counters also. If we were to go on hype Lacy had that same amount of hype going into the Calzaghe fight, and even I jumped on that one from my own ignorance of Joe.
        In all fairness Lacy never beat anyone. Taylor was one of the best P4P and Pavlik murked him twice after Murking Miranda and Zertuchy. Pavlik was also a P4P fighter himself, and was very very good. His boxing skills were there, he was kind of technicalm, and he keeps his hands up.

I also thought Mosley would win, but I was thinking a SD after a war, not a one sided ass whupping and the first KO loss of Margaritos career, that win wa shuge and unexpected.

Comment

• Originally posted by street bully View Post
          In all fairness Lacy never beat anyone. Taylor was one of the best P4P and Pavlik murked him twice after Murking Miranda and Zertuchy. Pavlik was also a P4P fighter himself, and was very very good. His boxing skills were there, he was kind of technicalm, and he keeps his hands up.

I also thought Mosley would win, but I was thinking a SD after a war, not a one sided ass whupping and the first KO loss of Margaritos career, that win wa shuge and unexpected.
          All valid points, and Pavlik deserved his credit, but when he signed to fight BHop I just went oh ****. I knew Mosley would dominate Margo(like I knew Cotto would) but I didnt see that coming. I can see we just have differences of opioion and I applaud the fact I managed to have a discussion with someone without it turning into a 5th grade name calling contest, but Im off to the gym now so, Peace.

Comment

• Originally posted by ReppinDubK View Post
            All valid points, and Pavlik deserved his credit, but when he signed to fight BHop I just went oh ****. I knew Mosley would dominate Margo(like I knew Cotto would) but I didnt see that coming. I can see we just have differences of opioion and I applaud the fact I managed to have a discussion with someone without it turning into a 5th grade name calling contest, but Im off to the gym now so, Peace.
            Alright man, take it easy bro.

Comment

Working...
            X