Ben's Training Journal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, sounds good Ben...will definitely increase your short term power

Comment

I'm working with one of the kids on my swim team. he says if i follow what he tells me I will drop the weight like its nothing! he wants to start by strengthening my base.

he says ishould do this for 2 - 4 weeks

3 - 4 sets of 20 these go together so back to back. Go through the list once then repeat.
      Squats
      Lunge
      Jump Lunge
      3 - 4 sets of 10 Jump Squat
      Twisters

2 sets of 24 sprinters

2 min Bridges 1 min up 30 sec rest 1 min up
      Crab Stance

5 sets of 5 Romanian dead lift

what do you think?

Comment

That looks good Ben...you will definitely improve your explosiveness, and also your acrdio will improve with it. SOunds similar to a lot of the PT I did when I was in the Army and they were some of the hardest sessions I have ever had

Keep us posted how it goes as I am sure some of us, myself included would consider such an idea.

Comment

seldom what do you think of this for like a daily or every other day cardio thing.

do the above with 15 - 30 of shadow boxing?

aside from helping my hands and getting me used ot throwin punches what does it help, cause alot of old school boxers were ripped and they never touched weights

Comment

Boxergenics just came int he mail!!!!

NICE ****IN GLOVES!

I need some ring time!

Comment

just got done with a1/2 hour of boxing and 1/2 hour if weights my shoulders are sore they are straining to type. I need to up my boxing time.

i realize my right legged kicks are HARD AS HELL, but my shins arn;t used to makin contact with other things, gotta work on that.

Some kid a hell of alot smaller than me challenged me to spar today, I told him its my first day back and to ask me on thurs or fri and i will do it. i think i out weigh the kid by 100lbs, so either he is really good,really fast, has HUGE balls, or doesn't realize how big i am.

got Jiu Jitsu at 7:30. its a fun filled night. hopefully my arms are less tired by then.

Comment

I can't seem to kick proper without a target so i can;t kick when i shadow box.

anyone else have that problem?

Comment

Yeah, I get that a bit...need a visual to kick at.

That kid is a ballsy ****er if he gives you 100 lbs straight out...teach him some manners:devil

Comment

i just hope he doesn;t K me TFO

Comment

Yeah, that could be kinda embarassing!

Comment

Working...
                      X