No announcement yet.

Remembering Things That Went Un-Noticed, RIP Emanuel Steward

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remembering Things That Went Un-Noticed, RIP Emanuel Steward

I remeber in the Barrera vs Hamed fight in the post interviews Larry Merchant asked him "I remeber you told me you was just gonna attack attack" and Barrera said we had to train our movement because hamed is trained by steward so that changed the fight.

RESPECT!, IMO this is what makes great fighters, Barrera adjusted his plan/his trainers adjusted the plan cause of who was training Hamed.

yall dont beleive me check it out yourself, @ 1:40:42

my question is, I seen this fight several times start to end and I never noticed this before till I watched it again recently, please post things you think went unnoticed. (please dont troll save that for the other threads).

Hopkins-DLH. Hopkins goes back to his stool and excitedly asks his corner, "This is the round?" twice. Then Richardson crooning "body shot" before the love tap puts Oscar down. Maybe I'm a fistic conspiracy theorist but that forever left a sour taste in my mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
      Hopkins-DLH. Hopkins goes back to his stool and excitedly asks his corner, "This is the round?" twice. Then Richardson crooning "body shot" before the love tap puts Oscar down. Maybe I'm a fistic conspiracy theorist but that forever left a sour taste in my mouth.

He said "good round"

Then he said "that's my round" and steward even said he said that

Looooool.

Go back to a Floyd thread

You're embarrassing yourself

Comment

I need to hear that. I am going to go watch that fight now. (Hopkins-DLH). I have super good hearing, so let's see.

Comment

I heard:

"Good round right? Good round right?.....That's my round right? That's my round."

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post

He said "good round"

Then he said "that's my round" and steward even said he said that

Looooool.

Go back to a Floyd thread

You're embarrassing yourself
            Not quite. He said "this" not "that." And then Manny Steward confirms it by saying, Hopkins is asking his corner if this is his round" thinking he's referring to the prior one.

Jas, stop trying so hard.

Comment

Hopkins was worried he was gonna lose a decision

The cards had hopkins clearly ahead anyway

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                Not quite. He said "this" not "that." And then Manny Steward confirms it by saying, Hopkins is asking his corner if this is his round" thinking he's referring to the prior one.

Jas, stop trying so hard.
                Get your ears cleaned out.

Comment

Trainer shouting ''body'', ''go to the body'', and ''body shot'' the whole round, I think it's normal for trainers to say that. Hopkins caught him some good body shots before the one that finally put Oscar down. It looked like he went down from accumulation of body shots.

Comment

Hopkins looked annoyed, looked like he wanted some acknowledgement that he had a good 8th round. He kept repeating if that was his round, in a kinda annoyed way, while his trainer was ignoring his question. And now that I see that left hook again, if you look at it in live action and not slow mo, it was a pretty tough left hook.

Comment

Working...
                    X