No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Donaire vs. Mares: Full Contract Details Are Revealed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by edgarg View Post
    This post is silly, you didn't reason like you usually do. Surprising, because your posts are always good.
    You have been blown out of this thread Rachel. Leave.

Comment

Donaire has every say in his career. If he disagrees, and it doesn't contravene his contract with Top Rank, he's just looking after his own interests.

It's obvious, even from a casual look, that this fight is worth a hell of a lot more than $3 mill. With site fees and PPV Donaire could make nearly or double that amount. Plus Arum would certainly make a bundle.

A major reason for Donaire to turn it down, is in clause C at the very beginning. The fight is to take place at any time UP TO JUNE 30th. Donaire has repeatedly said that he won't fight later than April as his wife is expecting a baby in mid June (forget the approx date) and he won't fight for a couple of months on either side of that date.
      So the fight is a non-starter right there, and PROMOTER is just doing some PR.

I found it interesting that Top Rank would be liable for making sure that "PROMOTER" would have the sole rights to any form of media which might be invented in the future.....and that the bout can be cancelled without notice, if Donaire wears a logo the PROMOTERS don't want. And that any an all taxes will be deducted from the amount, which would interfere with whatever system of tax returns that Arum might usually make.

Also, if Donaire's party arrives at the hotel of the site any time before 5 days prior to the match, they pay for it themselves. And they must arrive not less than 5 days before the match. So...... a small thing but instructive in showing what minute details are involved.

I think that if the fight is cancelled by PROMOTER, they are not liable to compensate Top Rank or Donaire......
      All in all, this contract, which I read completely, has several conditions and commitments which seemed "complicated" and in toto it shows why the simplistic demands of BoxingScene posters to "just sign the damned contract and get the fight on".... just cannot be met. With 2 promoters like Top Rank and Golden Balls sniffing in circles at each other, it could take at a minimum, a few weeks.

I liked the clause about "confidentiality", considering that this contract is now splashed all over these pages, although in justice, the part "intentionally left blank" most likely contains the part of the contract they wish to remain secret.

I wonder if Chavez Jr. signed a contract like this (probably did) and whether he had to pay either promoter for causing "moral turpitude" when he was caught drunk driving just before a fight, or for the marijuana-apart from Commission penalties?
      what does all this matter if donaire claims he never received a contract?

Comment

• Originally posted by el malo View Post
        what does all this matter if donaire claims he never received a contract?
        Haha exactly. People attempting to defend Donaire after all the **** he talked on twitter are acting just as foolish as he has been. Donaire lost. Even Steve Top Rank Kim punked him as did Dan Rafael.

Comment

• Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
          No, once again that's not what it means. Please learn how to read a contract clause. If its no later than June 30 then the date is vague and still open to negotiation. It does not mean donaire has no say, in fact, even if that were the case, top rank could have easily just sent a counter offer with the appropriate date.
          If the date is so negotiable, why is there a restrictive date at all? Tye contract discusses just about everything, but doesn't mention that the date is negotiable after June 30th. it pointedly neglects this showing that June 30th is the extreme date. After all it only required a "or on a suitiable date (to be) negotiated by the PROMOTER and TOP RANK, or their accredited representatives".....

It seemed to me that that clause C cancelled the proposed fight right there and anything after Clause C was meaningless, considering Donaire's repeated date limitations.

I'd sincerely like to know.

Comment

If the date is so negotiable, why is there a restrictive date at all? Tye contract discusses just about everything, but doesn't mention that the date is negotiable after June 30th. it pointedly neglects this showing that June 30th is the extreme date. After all it only required a "or on a suitiable date (to be) negotiated by the PROMOTER and TOP RANK, or their accredited representatives".....

It seemed to me that that clause C cancelled the proposed fight right there and anything after Clause C was meaningless, considering Donaire's repeated date limitations.

I'd sincerely like to know.
            So if that was in the contract, Donaire would have been told he received a contract and not a "letter", he wouldn't have said as early as this morning GB never sent a contract, and Top Rank would have made a deal? Haha JUST STOP. GO AWAY.

Comment

Dude, u really need to take a contract class. Or even basic English comprehension. The designated is not connected to the date but it is connected to the location choice. U trying to tie it all together is just u not understanding what it is ur reading.
              Why nit-pick because he made a throw-away comment. The whole point of his argument-and mine- is that the extreme date of June 30th is contractually binding, and within the time period that Donaire has explicitely reserved for his wife.

So the PROMOTER is just doing a bit of PR to impress the innocent. They do it all the time, it spices up the fans and keeps them slavering....... Although, not me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                After the crap theY put GBP through i doubt this offer still on table but i dont doubt nonito and his fans will call it a duck on mares part if it isnt.
                really? remember that GBP says Bull**** to TR when TR said they dont want to co-promote to GBP instead buy the services of Mares? and what GBP doing now? now you telling about the ego of GBP that this offer is no longer available after Donaire-Rigo fight?

Comment

• Basically, GBP is going to give TR $3,000,000.00 (gross) for the right to act as sole promoter of Donaire for this one (1) fight.

They will also pay for hotel room and board (5 days but no room service) for one (1) suite and five (5) additional rooms, daily per diem ($50.00 per day), seven (7) flights to Vegas (2-first class and 5-coach) from anywhere in the country.

GBP will take out any and all taxes that are to be paid to the government, state, etc. prior to handing the money over to TR (either by check after the fight or wire transfer the next day).

GBP takes ALL the gate money, ALL the televised profits from anywhere in the world. GBP reserves the right to take 100% of ALL additional revenue for a period of one (1) year after the fight is over. After a year TR and GBP can meet to decide an equitable split on revenue after that.

TR must pay all of the sanctioning fees for Donaire and pay for his own drug testing.

The funniest thing was the contract said that the information would not be disclosed to any third party. I guess because it was not actually executed, the terms and provisions aren't substantiated.

It all comes down to how much Arum would be able to make having Donaire face another TR fighter.

Comment

Lol, no, its not. Its basic English. I'm surprised an adult has a hard time understanding that. No good lawyer would attach a prose like that and mean it to apply to both the time and date.
                    I think Dempsey is right here. "Designated" can mean many things legally including a date, but the contract uses it for "location" only.

Comment

• Originally posted by FaustoGeraci View Post
                      If nonito is to be trusted they didn't even tell him they received a real offer!! They called Golden Boys bluff and LOST. Donaire was running his mouth on twitter and now he looks like an idiot. Talking about "don't get my wife angry" it's embarrassing.
                      Wtf? Lol that's funny but not surprising at all. His wife probably dresses him too.

And lol @ you calling that dude Rachel.

Comment

Working...
                      X