No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dib-Munoz Purse Bid is Snatched Up By 50 Cent

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Dib-Munoz Purse Bid is Snatched Up By 50 Cent

The featherweight purse bid took place earlier today for the mandatory fight between IBF champion Billy Dib (35-1, 21KOs) and Mauricio Munoz (26-3, 12 KOs), who landed the title shot with last month's controversial split decision over Luis Franco (11-1, 7 KOs).

[Click Here To Read More]

I didn't know anything about this bid going down. Looks like 50 will have an event of his own soon or might throw him on another Top Rank card.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

"Dib-Munoz Purse Bid is Snatched Up By 50 Cent" good luck with that

Comment

Fighting Luis Franco for 40 grand, I am sure Billy Dibb is real happy about this career move. Way to look out for your boy 50~

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
          Fighting Luis Franco for 40 grand, I am sure Billy Dibb is real happy about this career move. Way to look out for your boy 50~
          Way better than staying with Mayweather.

Ask Gamboa, or Vargas.

Comment

How do you snatch up something when you the only person who want it?

This is more like going around bragging you had sex with the ugliest girl in school cause nobody else did. Never mind the fact that nobody else wanted to have sex with her.

Comment

Originally posted by KRAFTSMAN View Post
              Way better than staying with Mayweather.

Ask Gamboa, or Vargas.
              Vargas was on the televised undercards of Mayweather fights, so he was probably making good money from the PPV numbers.

I'm not sure whether Gamboa was officially entered into Mayweather Promotions or if he just hung out there.

Currently Vargas has/is going to headline two cards, the far overlooked Thursday ESPN card before the Martinez-Chvez card and Canelo-Lopez card, and now the Box Azteca card.

IMO headlining those cards aren't nearly as good as for marketing yourself or fighting credible opponents as fighting on the Mayweather PPV cards. He's going from fighting Named fighters like Steve Forbes to Vito Gasparyan, whose record does not look impressive at all.

Comment

THAT FUKIN BUM that got a hometime gift wrapped hometown decision over my boy La Estrella Franco? Munoz is a BUM, Dib should have no problem beating that dude, if he does then 50 needs to just drop him

Dib is not worth much, he wasn't worth much before signing with 50 to be honest but he has potential so the hope I guess is that he gets better as a fighter...GOOD LUCK WITH THAT 50!

Comment

Let's not forget Billy Dibb's going to come all the way from Australia, pay his costs, his trainer, the rest of his team etc and all for a slice of $40k.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunk Punch View Post
                    Let's not forget Billy Dibb's going to come all the way from Australia, pay his costs, his trainer, the rest of his team etc and all for a slice of $40k.
                    It becomes more once you look closer.

- His trainer gets a percentage.
                    - His team either gets a percentage or a flat flee.
                    - His promoter gets a percentage.
                    - His manager gets a percentage.
                    - The sanctioning body gets their belt fee.
                    - The plane ride across.
                    - All the other general fees.

Bear in mind this is 40k being made is a product of fight night and a training camp consisting of 6-8 weeks.

Comment

Working...
                    X