No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Canelo To Have January Meeting To Select Foe

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Team Canelo To Have January Meeting To Select Foe

As previously reported - WBC 154-pound champion Saul "Canelo" Alvarez (41-0-1, 31KOs), along with manager Eddy Reynoso, had a meeting with Golden Boy Promotions a few weeks ago. They discussed Canelo's return on the date of May 4th. Canelo handed a list with three names - Floyd Mayweather Jr., WBC middleweight champion Sergio Martinez, and former three division beltholder Miguel Cotto.

[Click Here To Read More]

I'd love to see Canelo vs Martinez. That has classic written all over it.

Comment

decding in january? thats great coz that gives lara a nice little break after his fight next weekend so he'll be ready to get back on it and fight canelo seeings as he'll be his mandatory.
      i mean that is what's happening right????
      yeah ****ing right...

Comment

He had an exhausting amount of activity in recent months... against smaller foes. Vacation time.

Comment

Am i the only one who thinks he would stand half a chance with mayweather? he'll beat martinez and it would be a classic with cotto! i think his accuracy would wear cotto down.

Comment

Alvarez's list of Cotto, Mayweather and Martinez would all beat him handily. As frosty mentions though, he should be made to fight his mandatory.

Comment

De La Hoya in May said Canelo wasn't ready for Mayweather. I don't know how a thrashing of Josesito Lopez would change his mind.

If Cotto beats Trout, I think that's the route to go with.

Comment

A rest from what?..he has yet to fight a top 10 154lbs fighter. Martinez would hand Canelo his ass.

Comment

Cotto in may. And maybe Pacquiao in the fall? Alvarez beats both and becomes the new mega super star cashcow alá ODLH.

Comment

Honestly all 3 are much older and shopworn than Canelo but all 3 still beat Him..Canelo has done nothing to anyone that suggest that he can fight the likes of Floyd Cotto or Sergio. He hasn't even fought a real 154 lb champ.

Comment

Working...
                    X