Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Martinez: "We made an offer, I would be fighting Mayweather in Las Vegas next year"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by carlos djackal View Post
    I doubt it, Mayweather's been selecting his opponents, fighting Martinez would be a step up in competition. He's taking a big gamble if the fight gets made and Floyd doesn't gamble his record, he doesn't want to let go of his "0". Floyd will never fight a real competition. So the chances of this fight getting done is "0" just like his record.
    I'd be happy if fought Amir Khan next. Doubt that will happen either, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Squizz View Post
      I'd be happy if fought Amir Khan next. Doubt that will happen either, though.
      wait till winter 2012

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
        wait till winter 2012
        Seems much more likely. He stands to make more money against Khan. He'll make a ton. In particular if the fight is in England. That would be a MASSIVE payday for Floyd.

He made what? $20million to fight Ricky Hatton in Las Vegas?

Just imagine a Khan fight in England. It would be HUGE.

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Ivey View Post
          yeah its pretty obvious they're on Mayweather's balls in their recent interviews and taking digs @ Pac, this was the same thing when May-Ortiz was announced - it was quite obvious when watching Ortiz's interviews.

It would surprise me if the fight happens @ 154, Mayweather deserves all the props in the world if it happens there, anything lower is going to be disappointing.

Sergio Martinez is not on Mayweather's balls he said that Mayweather was better than Manny Poochiao since 2010 , stop hating because boxers who obviously know boxing better than you tell the truth ******* + Martinez also wanted a fight with the coward Manny Poochiao so .

Sergio Martinez: Floyd Mayweather Beats Manny Poochiao

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRL8ZVw_prs

Sergio Martinez Willing To Lose Weight To Fight Manny Poochiao :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpNp5...feature=relmfu
          Last edited by SyrianKid; 10-18-2011, 02:08 AM.

Comment

Catchweight is gay if it is 150...and destroys any credibility floyd might get for stepping up to fight martinez

Comment

I don't believe it will ever happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinoy4ever View Post
                I don't believe it will ever happen.
                It might if the weight is right. Personally, I don't think it will happen. Did anyone hear the rumor like this between Ortiz and Mayweather during negotiation? Nope. Too much noise. Either Sergio is jerking himself or someone is jerking him hard.

Comment

Seems much more likely. He stands to make more money against Khan. He'll make a ton. In particular if the fight is in England. That would be a MASSIVE payday for Floyd.

He made what? $20million to fight Ricky Hatton in Las Vegas?

Just imagine a Khan fight in England. It would be HUGE.
                  Squizz I was thinking about the whole England fight with Khan - while it would be huge in England, it would be difficult to capitalize on profits from both American PPV buys and English PPV buys. . . seeing as how one party would have to sacrifice. . The PPV would have to be at like 4 or 5 o'clock in America which wouldn't be "prime-time", unless they wanted to make the fight at like 2AM or 3AM in England, in which the case the main event wouldn't even start until almost 6AM in England. .

What do you think they would do? I'm thinking it would make most sense to hold it in America, because the excess gate revenue wouldn't make up for the loss of AMerican PPV's - and enough english people would still stay up until 6Am to buy the fight. . . That;s how i think most revenue would result.

Comment

Originally posted by uglypug View Post
                    Squizz I was thinking about the whole England fight with Khan - while it would be huge in England, it would be difficult to capitalize on profits from both American PPV buys and English PPV buys. . . seeing as how one party would have to sacrifice. . The PPV would have to be at like 4 or 5 o'clock in America which wouldn't be "prime-time", unless they wanted to make the fight at like 2AM or 3AM in England, in which the case the main event wouldn't even start until almost 6AM in England. .

What do you think they would do? I'm thinking it would make most sense to hold it in America, because the excess gate revenue wouldn't make up for the loss of AMerican PPV's - and enough english people would still stay up until 6Am to watch the fight.
                    Fair enough. Tons of Brits flew over for the Ricky Hatton fight. MGM was HYPE that night. Regardless of where it's held, it will be huge one way or the other.

Comment

Fair enough. Tons of Brits flew over for the Ricky Hatton fight. MGM was HYPE that night. Regardless of where it's held, it will be huge one way or the other.
                      agree. . . that's the fight I want to see next, and what I think makes the most sense for Floyd.

Comment

Working...
                      X