No announcement yet.

Abraham handled himself poorly tonight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abraham handled himself poorly tonight

He should have been a man, by admitting that he made a mistake and got caught up in the moment. Instead he behaved like a jerk and Dirrell probably has a concussion or worse. After going toe to toe for 10 1/2 rounds in a relatively clean fight you show your opponent some respect-especially if your opponent was handing you your ass the first eight rounds or so. I'm def going to be rooting for Froch against AA. I normally like Abraham and I believe that if the fight had continued there was a good chance he could have KO'd him but he's probably lost a handful of fans after tonight. He should have apologized.

How would you act when you're not given a fair shake at all in a match?

Ref was so obviously biased, Abraham never had a chance to get any momentum because of the Ref.

I would be frustrated too. Does't excuse punching Dirrell while he's down, but I can sympathize with Abraham, atleast.

When Showtime is pitching the fight as 'The All-American hometown hero versus the visiting villainous European', you just know the fight is rigged. And this weekend was a free Showtime viewing weekend. It was obvious they were playing up Dirrell to try and hook as many American subscribers as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Marduke View Post

Ref was so obviously biased, Abraham never had a chance to get any momentum because of the Ref.

I would be frustrated too. Does't excuse punching Dirrell while he's down, but I can sympathize with Abraham, atleast.

When Showtime is pitching the fight as 'The All-American hometown hero versus the visiting villainous European', you just know the fight is rigged. And this weekend was a free Showtime viewing weekend. It was obvious they were playing up Dirrell to try and hook as many American subscribers as possible.
      Why would they poll viewers about Abraham's chances of being in the lead at the end of stage two of the tournament then?
      I can't recall one thing any of the three announcers said that indicated bias towards Dirrell.
      And really the ref wasn't so bad there have been much worse.

Comment

Ref was really biased.

I can see why Abraham had such sour grapes.

I think it was in the 9th round that Abraham was hammering Dirrell in the corner and the ref broke them up for some BS reasons.

Also Abe was quite pissed off that the ref wasn't seeing the numerous lowblows in the fight.

Still a fan of Abe, but I hope Dirrell is okay. He should stop slipping all over the canvas so much. You slip that many times against a desperate Abe and you're just asking for that kind of thing to happen.

Comment

First time watching an AA fight presume? He did as he always do. Let the other fighter gas out in the first rounds, KO the other guy the **** out in the later rounds.

Comment

Get off the BS. Abraham is protected by the ref as well. Watch his other bouts and you'll understand. He's protected in Germany almost like Ottke was. He,of all people, shouldn't complain. He's a hell of a fighter and I take nothing away from him but what goes around, comes around so to speak.

Comment

Originally posted by Marduke View Post

yeah man, lawrence cole is seriously a crooked ref, he has to be on the take, all the fights he's ****ed up in, so many, even got suspended for giving fighters advice in the ring, jmm if i remember right. jmm was a true champ and wanted to continue but cole was trying to coax him to stop fighting because it was in his right from being fouled, real crooked if you ask me, makes you wonder if he has money on the rounds or doing for someone who does.

dude needs to be investigated. watch any of his fights and its miss, miss, miss, **** up after **** up.

and i thought abraham handled himself fine, i think him calling his opponent a actor was being a competitive guy that was frustrated. besides telling shaw that his fighter is a fake, well, i like anything that ****s with shaw, dude is a crook too.

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Champ View Post
                First time watching an AA fight presume? He did as he always do. Let the other fighter gas out in the first rounds, KO the other guy the **** out in the later rounds.
                it's not my first Abraham fight, i've prob seen him fight at least 5-6 times, and he's never made a comeback like that. He's never been knocked down before, he's never been cut like that(excluding the first Miranda fight) and he's never been that far down in the fight and come back to win.

Comment

Originally posted by Grand Champ View Post
                  Abraham has never been as wild and amateurish as he was tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by teddycanyon View Post
                    it's not my first Abraham fight, i've prob seen him fight at least 5-6 times, and he's never made a comeback like that. He's never been knocked down before, he's never been cut like that(excluding the first Miranda fight) and he's never been that far down in the fight and come back to win.
                    It was a knockdown indeed, but it was more AA being off balance than anything. AA had a knockdown of Dirrell aswell, that's if your blind biased ref would get off Dirrell's nuts and judge a fair fight, not allowing ballshots all night long. Dirrell was slowing down in the later rounds, being the power puncher AA is, I saw it ending the same way as the Taylor fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X