• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't think this is gonna happen.

Comment

I'd vote for Rickson

Comment

tyson will murder a fighter with no stand up skills at all like Rickson, the fight wont even get near the ground

why people think that grapplers can take world class strikers down im not too sure, but K1 fighters are NOt world class strikers on the scale of even former world HW champions

Comment

you may be right about ricksons not having a good standup game, and you are definately right about tysons skills to knock someones head off. But I guess all it takes is one shoot in and a take down before tyson can bite an ear to ensure a relatively easy submission. It's the tantrum that could follow i'd be worried about if i were Rickson in this situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Creed
            I care about this as much as I care about Butterbean vs Sudo

I wish rumors and matches like this would leave our sport forever
            match ups like these are awesome, fat boy.

Comment

Originally posted by treelo
              why people think that grapplers can take world class strikers down im not too sure
              probably because striking has little to nothing to do with takedown defense. the only reason a grappler would have trouble with a striker is if he decides to standup.

Comment

tyson is an idiot. he can train wrestling and bjj, but he's too stupid to actually understand what is going on. the fight won't stay standing long and he will be submitted less than a minute after it goes to the ground. he may be a good boxer(that's being generous), but he's a very dumb and mentally unstable person. he wouldn't be able to stick to a game plan in mma.

with that said, rickson will never fight mike tyson.

Comment

Originally posted by Purity
                  probably because striking has little to nothing to do with takedown defense. the only reason a grappler would have trouble with a striker is if he decides to standup.
                  thats his point right back atcha tho. fights always stand up, so whats a jiu jitsu guy to do with a striker? i guess thats why mma is so competetive and there is really no telling the outcome. thats prolly why 99% of mma fighters, including the top fighters..... lose. everyone loses in this sport because of how diversified the skills are and all them being used together at once. it makes mma fighters the ultamite athletes.... win or lose.

Originally posted by Cesaro
                  he may be a good boxer(that's being generous), but he's a very dumb and mentally unstable person. he wouldn't be able to stick to a game plan in mma.
                  he wouldnt be able to stick to a game plan in mma? how the **** could you call that? and what would be worse? Tank's gameplan or Tyson's? think about it.

being generous by calling him a good boxer? cmon now. he was the youngest hw champ in the world. he set records in boxing. he changed boxing. whether being "very dumb" or "mentally unstable", that really has nothing to do with being a great fighter. i mean everyone gets mentally unstable from time to time. you're tellin me that Rickson has fought better opponents? David Levicki, Bud Smith, Norihisa Yamamoto, Koichiro Kimura, Yuki Nakai, and about 500 other fighters that were not even in the same ****ing relm as Rickson. I bet you'd rather see him fighting 600+ tomato cans instead. afterall, that makes him a legend and an all-time hero.

Comment

i was making a point of how striking isn't gonna help much in defending a takedow- unless the grappler gets clipped while going for the shoot, which wouldn't be intentional on strikers side. it's extremely rare to use flurries of punches to defend a shoot. a strategy against take-down is to neutralize the aggressor- especially if you're a striker because you want that muther****er back on his feet.
                    it had nothin to do with mixed martial arts being mixed. just because all fights start out standing up, doesn't mean that they are all stand up. a good wrestler is gonna see to it that the majority, if not ALL, of his fight is on the ground- especially if he's going up against someone who's better standing up.

Comment

of course, but to say a ground fighter is more submissive to win is not the truth. dont know if thats what you're sayin, but i think thats what treelo was sayin.

Comment

Working...
                      X