Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Cotto gets handled by Foreman...is he officially done??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JM1 View Post
    foreman have a chance to win but he isnt beating down miguel. if miguel loses, he can go back to 147 and take berto's belt
    Maybe moving down might do the trick I hope for Cotto's career though he don't lose.....

Comment

Originally posted by JM1 View Post
      foreman have a chance to win but he isnt beating down miguel. if miguel loses, he can go back to 147 and take berto's belt
      You change your avatar, cool bro.. Your a Cotto-fan now.

Comment

he wont get beatdown, foreman does not have the power to dominate cotto the way pac and marg did.

Comment

Originally posted by RicDaRula View Post
          What you got on this????

If Foreman handles Cotto....ala Margo, Pac, do you call for his retirement???
          hes been done in my mind, all he can do now is just tell the world plasterito ruined his career

Comment

I love Miguel Cotto but he's gonna lose this fight.

Cotto's performance dropped markedly when he moved from 140 to 147. His game has always been to wear down his opponent with a grueling fight and at 147 he couldn't do that anymore against the best fighters. He changed his style almost 180 degrees and has been worse for it.

Now moving from 147-154 I expect an even more drastic reduction in Cotto's effectiveness. Throw in Manny Steward, who has great intentions but is nonetheless doing nothing more than trying to change a man set in his ways, and there is a recipe for disaster.

Foreman is a guy improving every time that he fights who has not been in any real wars or taken any serious punishment. He has fought at the weight his whole career and knows how to make it at his strongest.

Cotto on the other hand is moving up 7 pounds and fighting a champion without a warmup to get used to the weight. He is declining in performace each time out and has taken two of the more serious beatings in all of boxing over the past couple years.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
              I love Miguel Cotto but he's gonna lose this fight.

Cotto's performance dropped markedly when he moved from 140 to 147. His game has always been to wear down his opponent with a grueling fight and at 147 he couldn't do that anymore against the best fighters. He changed his style almost 180 degrees and has been worse for it.

Now moving from 147-154 I expect an even more drastic reduction in Cotto's effectiveness. Throw in Manny Steward, who has great intentions but is nonetheless doing nothing more than trying to change a man set in his ways, and there is a recipe for disaster.

Foreman is a guy improving every time that he fights who has not been in any real wars or taken any serious punishment. He has fought at the weight his whole career and knows how to make it at his strongest.

Cotto on the other hand is moving up 7 pounds and fighting a champion without a warmup to get used to the weight. He is declining in performace each time out and has taken two of the more serious beatings in all of boxing over the past couple years.
              Thing bout that is Foreman can't be overlooked......lots of kats on here are sleeping on this dude.....

Comment

Originally posted by RicDaRula View Post
                Thing bout that is Foreman can't be overlooked......lots of kats on here are sleeping on this dude.....
                I look at it like this.

Cotto at 140 was like Pavlik at 160.

Cotto at 154 is like Pavlik at 175.

Both guys built up their records in their respective divisions by using their size and strength advantages to beat down smaller opponents.

People don't think Pavlik can make the leap to 168 much less all the way to 175, what makes the same people think that Cotto can move up 14 pounds with his style and still be successful?

Foreman is 4 or 5 inches taller and can probably match a 154lb Cotto in foot and hand speed.

If Cotto stays on the outside he gets picked apart. If he tries to rush in he gets hit everytime he tries. I think if this fight had happened a year ago Cotto would have been a 10-1 favorite, instead he is only a 2-1 favorite.

I think those odds are silly, this is a 50-50 fight and only Cotto's name value is driving the betting line in his favor. I will actually consider it a small upset if Cotto pulls it off.

Comment

Lets not forget that Foreman beat the guy who beat the guy that beat cotto= Daniel Santos & Margacheato

Comment

Originally posted by Elbichogrande View Post
                    Lets not forget that Foreman beat the guy who beat the guy that beat cotto= Daniel Santos & Margacheato

Comment

Working...
                    X