No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Acelino Freitas Beats Down Michael Oliveira For KO Win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DLT View Post
    How did Frietas look at that weight and did he really carry his power to 54 or was this dude just a scrub? How was his speed & chin also
    Well, as you could see on the videos, he has power. He also took Oliveiras best shots well. In my opinion he should he retire with that good note.

He fought for his son that never saw him fighting. He did well, and probably he is going to be invited for another fight.

Comment

Frietas was very fluid with his punches and was very motivated. He would be troube for some 154 pounders. Just not sure what his plans are. Retiring off this win would be a great way to go out.

Comment

Honestly, he looks so good right there and his name is still big enough to where I would actually love to see him go down to WW and fight Paulie. I think thats the perfect fight for both guys. I would love love love to see that fight. Somebody tweet Paulie and ask him about it......lol

Comment

Hey....Canelo might have just found his next opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
            Hey....Canelo might have just found his next opponent.
            Man please don't give Oscar any new ideas haha

Comment

I watched more of the fight just now and Frietas' reflexes and timimg were superb. If he fights Mallinaggi, he wins, period. He still has that killer instinct and swarming style that left him in the last part of his career. Pauli would not be able to keep him off and he throws twice as many punches as the guy Pauli beat for the title and harder, more accurate punches.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
                I watched more of the fight just now and Frietas' reflexes and timimg were superb. If he fights Mallinaggi, he wins, period. He still has that killer instinct and swarming style that left him in the last part of his career. Pauli would not be able to keep him off and he throws twice as many punches as the guy Pauli beat for the title and harder, more accurate punches.
                I would love to see it. If Freitas was that superb lookin at 154 with a lil pudge then he would look even better at WW. Maybe even throw him in with another smaller guy also moving up like the Ghost. Great style matchups with him vs Paulie or the Ghost.

Berto actually came to my mind 1st but Id like to give Po Po a sec before he takes on that kinda explosiveness given his history. Either way, I wouldnt mind seeing him take one more shot at the big time. Next thing you know, we get a war with him vs Ortiz or something

Comment

Freitas looked surprisingly good given the circumstances of weight jump and layoff but he's not going to beat anyone relevant

However good to see him reaffirm his status in Brasil and the boxing world

Comment

He may or may not beat top PFP but I could see because of styles and what he he showed last night beating Mallinaggi and Carlos Molina. He threw about the same number of punches Molina throws but with more power. He would give Trout a run for his money and do better than Delvin and the last guy Trout fought. I can see him at least getting a title shot with one more win. It is up to Frietas.

Comment

olivera was always all hype, I would always read about this guy getting hurt. I hope Popo doesnt feel like because of this win he will come back and box. Call it a day and leave off on a high note..

Comment

Working...
                      X