Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why should Floyd care about who you want him to fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PBP View Post
    I think GBP, Floyd's team and Show give him a list and show him the numbers. He looks at it and approves. I also think the opponents are known months and even years in advance. Guerrero and Canelos names were tossed around a year or two earlier.

They've wanted this Khan fight back since he fought Peterson
    Yeah, I agree. Khan just hasn't been able to win when he needs to.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      Coincidentally, that's the last time I considered whether Khan would give Mayweather a good fight. If he had beaten PEDerson soundly, we would have seen this fight a long time ago and it would have been wanted.
      I was never a fan of the fight. I just understood why they wanted it.

We just all need to be honest though. The GBP side of the welterweight division is full of B and C level fighters since Floyd came back from retirement. Look at some of these title holders over the past few years:

Randall Bailey
      Senchenko
      Malignaggi
      Alexander (who I'm a fan of but lets be real)
      Andre Berto
      Jan Zaveck

Comment

We just all need to be honest though. The GBP side of the welterweight division is full of B and C level fighters since Floyd came back from retirement. Look at some of these title holders over the past few years:

Randall Bailey
        Senchenko
        Malignaggi
        Andre Berto
        Jan Zaveck
        Don't forget they had Mosley when he was #1. But their JWW and JMW roster has been very deep.

Comment

Originally posted by peyk-peyk View Post
          We just want to witness a fight that's worth $70. A fight that the fans wanted to see... is that too much to ask?
          The fans wanted to see Floyd vs. Canelo as indicated by 2.2 million ppvs sold and breaking gate records.

Comment

Randall Bailey
            Senchenko
            Malignaggi
            Andre Berto
            Jan Zaveck
            Welterweight is deep, but only because so many of these guys can beat each other. Just talking general ability, it's not so good.

Sucks that Bradley and Provodnikov are Top Rank. Both could probably beat everyone, or almost everyone, in the GB stable. Bradley in particular needs to get away from Top Rank as soon as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Money Team. View Post
              Before the Canelo fight there were several threads saying he was afraid of canelo,would duck him or was forced to fight him...then when he toyed and dominated him all the sudden it was a cherry pick??? after that crap why the **** should he care how anyone feels????
              He fought him alright, @ a Catchweight. Theres always an angle with this guy. If you go on to say that the weight doesn't matter, why doesn't Floyd fight GGG, after all he would beat him regardless of weight, right?

Comment

I dont think people care anymore, Floyd went on vacation when the division was getting heated, and came back when it was cold. And on top of that, wouldn't fight the small Pacquiao without a drugtest, while fighters smaller than Floyd have fought him regardless, even Beadley.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                  Larry's weekly menstrual cycle
                  This about sums it up.

Comment

Working...
                  X