Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do HBO Show devon alexander over The klitscko brothers?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd much rather pay to see Devon Dudley get the tables than Devon Alexander grunt his way to another robbery.

HBO needs to get rid of him asap.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
      did the klitschkos get 14 million viewers in the usa? no. they got terrible ratings, their fights drained the hbo budget and they were hard to do because they were overseas. and it was hard for them to gain an american following because their fights were extremely boring. use some common sense before spewing out racism. it's all about money and televising all their fights didn't make sense financially because they were getting some of the worst ratings ever. why keep televising something if you aren't getting anything in return?

now if they fight someone with a big name like haye then it makes more sense to televise them because americans might want to watch. remember hbo is an american company so they cater to an american audience. the german ARD channel only shows german fighters so are they racist? no it's because that's who their audience wants to watch. obviously if you are a diehard boxing fan you want to see almost all of the fights but unfortunately a lot of people who watch boxing only want to see guys they are familiar with. more people will watch berto vs a bum than klitschko vs a bum. boxing is a very nationalistic sport. look at a lot of the posters on here. look at yourself.

if you have a show that gets no ratings then you get cancelled no matter how good that show is. if devon alexander keeps getting gift decisions but he gets good ratings then they will continue to show him. it sucks but that's the way it works. or you can just be a simpleton and say they are racist. whatever.
      Please close this thread..

Comment

HBO is an american station - only makes sense they would want to show american fighters to cater to the audience. AND, klitschko used to be on HBO. I guess after negative feedback and "lackluster" performances (not in my eyes, but i guess in HBO exec/decision maker's opinion) decided to spend money on other fighters.

personally, i think klitschko should have been an hbo STAPLE for years. however, as big of a klit fan as i am, im not gonna pretend like they are the best "bang for HBO's buck". Majority of HBO subscribers who watch their boxing programs want to see guys with styles like Chavez, Kirkland - they want drama, blood - they want guys who are likely to be in "two way" action fights.

Comment

Klitschko vs. Peter had the highest ratings of 2005.

Vitali vs. Arreola had the highest ratings of 2009 (Arreola's previous and following fight had low ratings on HBO by the way).

Ross Greenburg and Kery Davis do not like white fighters. Even Bob Arum said he had a difficult time persuading Greenburg to allow Pavil-Zuniga and Pavlik-Miranda on HBO.

Alexander and Williams lose, but their next fights are on HBO. A white boxer like Pirog or Adamek win, then they can't get back on HBO.

Comment

The short answer is that 140 is the deepest division in boxing and heavyweight is a disgrace beyond the Klitschko bros., Haye, and Adamek. Also your answer option of "becasue they don't rob people of victories" is really quite laughable. I mean you are aware he doesn't actually judge the fights he's in aren't you?

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
              Klitschko vs. Peter had the highest ratings of 2005.

Vitali vs. Arreola had the highest ratings of 2009 (Arreola's previous and following fight had low ratings on HBO by the way).

Ross Greenburg and Kery Davis do not like white fighters. Even Bob Arum said he had a difficult time persuading Greenburg to allow Pavil-Zuniga and Pavlik-Miranda on HBO.

Alexander and Williams lose, but their next fights are on HBO. A white boxer like Pirog or Adamek win, then they can't get back on HBO.
              why doesnt show white boxers?what does he have against them?

Comment

They are boring. They put people off boxing. Thats why no-one shows their fights.

As for Alexander, he lucked out with the Bradley fight deal, but he stunk the place out which is why HBO forced him to fight Matthyse instead of some feather fister. I don't think HBO will be clammering to re-sign him.

Comment

Working...
                X